What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Hot Deals!!!!!

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I had a 65S-425 until my kid broke it, replaced it with the new 434 Android TV model. I've been happy with both. I like the Android TV OS better, but the picture is the same.

FreeKnight

I had a 65S-425 until my kid broke it, replaced it with the new 434 Android TV model. I've been happy with both. I like the Android TV OS better, but the picture is the same.
I didn't know they had swapped to Android TV for some of their models. That's a big selling point for TCLs IMO. Roku's nice, but Android TV (if you can sideload) would be a huge win. No need for a shield TV to stream games, wide variety of apps, etc

Izerous

Folding Team
I didn't know they had swapped to Android TV for some of their models. That's a big selling point for TCLs IMO. Roku's nice, but Android TV (if you can sideload) would be a huge win. No need for a shield TV to stream games, wide variety of apps, etc
Just picked up a Hisence Q9 series TV with part of the tax return. Had a Samsung smart TV and a dumb TV and a few roku sticks/boxes. Honestly really liking the Google/Android approach over the others but I'd still prefer a dumb TV and a sub $100 accessory that can be easily and cheaply replaced/upgraded instead of being stuck with an expensive TV.

If I was to legitimately complain about anything the Google voice activation in the TV has been annoying. A few times during a show it will trigger incorrectly from the show itself showing a bar across the bottom of the TV until hitting the back button on the remote. That was never an issue with the ROku voice activation since it required a press and hold of a button to do anything. Also my 3yo asked for "Clean up robot extended version" and suddenly "sexy robot" was playing on the TV.

Last edited:

Lysrin

Dont forget 10%OFFMONITOR to save an extra $190!
And 2% Rakuten as well. Oh boy... that is the specs I have hoping for :oops: Didn't realize that monitor existed. How'd I miss that?

But even with the very good discounts that price hurts; $1,987.19 with taxes! And it might be crippling for the ol'1080 Ti? But G-Sync always helps there.

crazyea

You can pre-order 5900x at Amazon for $741.15, and it's shipped and Sold by Amazon.ca

Not sure if its a good price or not, but at least you can order it.

EDIT: So it says in stock on JUNE 23, but delivery by OCT 15. That's odd.
EDIT2: I guess it's not that special anymore as you can get them at MemX and BestBuy.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team

Latest posts

Twitter