What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Hot Deals!!!!!

Mr. Friendly

that's true FreeKnight...but not as risky as a no-name generic company with no history or proven product lines. could be a flash in the pan company that sells a bunch of cheap products that are shyte and then disappears when the RMA's start coming in. :ph34r:

supaflyx3

Clearly you didn't read his post. Jmicron produces the controller for many SSDs. The 1100 is a fine SSD for the price, if you don't know what you're talking about don't spout out misinformation...

ipaine

According to their spec sheets, the 1 and 2 TB drives have an endurance of 400TB Total bytes written. That works out to about 365GB/day over 3 years. Or 219GB/day over 5 years. So specs wise it seems to have the endurance numbers. Still might get one, that would allow me to reduce the drives I have a bit.

Just to let people know, it looks like that drive has a 3 year warranty.

https://www.micron.com/products/solid-state-storage/bus-interfaces/sata-ssds#/

On that page they mention that client drives have 3 years, and that is listed as a client drive so, there you go. Not as good as the MX500 5 year warranty, but we are looking at about $200 cheaper so.

Last edited:

Lysrin

Yeah, and I would say even the performance debate isn't a big one given the price. As FreeKnight said, perhaps the performance might not be as fast as the newer SSDs. But really, and this is not disagreeing with FreeKnight, just adding my opinion, an SSD is always fast compared to other slower drive options. Sure the newer SSDs are faster, but any SSD pretty well is going to be fast enough in real world use to be great compared to running HDDs. Heck, I still have a Crucial M4 and it is humming along just fine and my apps on it open almost instantly.

All that to say if you want a high capacity SSD for a good price that is going to be SSD performance compared to HDD, then this seems like a good deal to me! Sure it isn't going to be NVMe or whatever, but that isn't the expectation when buying something like this anyway.

FreeKnight

Seems to be some confusion here. The drive being discussed is a Micron, not a JMicron. Micron is the parent company of Crucial among others.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/10383/micron-launches-3d-nand-client-ssds

That was a mental slip on my part. Micron does have its own controllers, they picked up a controller company a while back (can't remember the name though). I remember reading and the idea was that Micron wouldn't rely on using Marvell and other controllers this way.

Valkyrie

Chilliwack...Time Is Just A Rubber Band....
That was a mental slip on my part. Micron does have its own controllers, they picked up a controller company a while back (can't remember the name though). I remember reading and the idea was that Micron wouldn't rely on using Marvell and other controllers this way.

I think this may be the one you are recalling.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/9711/micron-acquires-ssd-controller-designer-tidal-systems-inc

The drive in question is still using a Marvell controller it seems.

lowfat

Staff member
Jmicron had a terrible rap for their controllers back in 2008/2009. Problem wasn't really their fault though. SSD manufacturers were using their controllers as they were cheap. They were cheap because they were meant for flash drives not SSDs.

sswilson

Staff member
https://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/h...20-off-orders-of-2500-usd-or-more-today-only/

20% off of Ebay.ca purchases (today only, and ending in a few hours)

Depending on what you're looking for there's a potential to save $100 on a $500 purchase of your choice. Funny how all of the 8700K procs all seem to be priced $60 - $100 over what other online retailers are selling it for.... :whistle:

edit: I've never spent much time looking for new PC hardware on ebay unless it was something small that'll be a couple of bucks and take a couple of months to get here on the slow boat.... pretty dismal pricing if you ask me......

Last edited:

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
My apologies, I'd posted a link to cheap Windows 10 Pro on Amazon Prime, but it appears it's from a reseller sending out enterprise licenses. I thought it would be a legit OEM copy because it's part of Prime but it doesn't appear that way.

Latest posts

Twitter