What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Hot Deals!!!!!

FreeKnight

Shows as Product Total $49.99 even after the promo code for me.

Ah, yeah looks like they clamped that down pretty quick. Not surprising, it was a crazy cheap price for them (and most likely not intentional).

Hopefully my 2 still make it in.

sswilson

Staff member
MAXIMUM Quick Adjusting Vise, 6-in | Canadian Tire

Not active yet, but the sale price tomorrow is $77.99 vice (pun intended... :) ) the regular price of $129.99. I waited quite a while for these to come up on sale, but ended up buying it at full price after not seeing any sales come up.

Pretty happy with it, and I believe 3.0Charlie also sings it's praises.

IRQ Conflict

Dell 27 Monitor: SE2717H

Replacing my wife's old 22" Acer that decided to splodge a pink hue over the right side of the panel. I think she will like this. She is used to her cheap ass TN panel and only uses it for light office work, YouTube vids and Netflix. Seems like a steal, [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$214.19 shipped. :shok:
[/FONT]

sswilson

Staff member
If the enclosure's half decent, that's actually a pretty good price for a nicer eGPU housing (aesthetics aside).

As long as there's no shitty trick introduced that would keep it from working with any PC with a thunderbolt port.

That's what I was wondering.

The wording on that page suggests that it might be proprietary to specific Alienware products, but then again the products listed might be the only ones they have with thunderbolt ports.

edit:

What is the difference between PCI Express Gen3X4 lanes and Intel Thunderbolt 3 Plug and Play?
The Alienware Graphics Amplifier’s technology uses a direct hardware connection, while the Thunderbolt 3 technology is based on a platform with shared bandwidth. Alienware’s amplifier will never share, or compromise, the bandwidth to your system’s GPU. Instead, it provides reserved high bandwidth directly to your system’s GPU with one unique cable connection. Alienware Graphics Amplifier utilizes four lanes of dedicated PCIe Gen 3. The Thunderbolt 3 specification is capable of either two or four lanes of PCIe depending on the OEM’s implementation of Intel’s technology. Alienware gains an advantage by having these lanes dedicated to graphics that are not shared by LAN, USB or display ports.

Reading that suggests to me that it is indeed proprietary.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
MAXIMUM Quick Adjusting Vise, 6-in | Canadian Tire

Not active yet, but the sale price tomorrow is $77.99 vice (pun intended... :) ) the regular price of $129.99. I waited quite a while for these to come up on sale, but ended up buying it at full price after not seeing any sales come up.

Pretty happy with it, and I believe 3.0Charlie also sings it's praises.

Almost. :biggrin: That's the one I have: MAXIMUM Multi-Purpose Vise, 5-in | Canadian Tire. Still pleased with it. :thumb:

Latest posts

Twitter