What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Hot Deals!!!!!

Lysrin

has Google been updating the HW and capabilities of their Chromecast devices?
I don't know if they have been updating hardware since the last changes. You can still get basic Chromecast, and now Chromecast with Google TV. But the capabilities are driven more by the apps you are casting from. So if there are new features in the Netflix app on your phone for example, you have them on Chromecast. There isn't a separate Netflix app for Chromecast. I have always preferred that model. My current Chromecasts, originals, one Ultra, and an Audio only one, are all still working perfectly.

Note however @Mr. Friendly that the Chromecast with Google TV does have more functionality and apps in the device itself.

sswilson

Staff member
I love prime cables. They ship fast and everything there is very reasonably priced.

Yeah, lots of decent products at reasonable prices. I'm also a big fan of their magnetic mount kits.

Unfortunately it looks like the deal on the media stands is done. Price is back up to $98.

Shadowmeph

Yeah, lots of decent products at reasonable prices. I'm also a big fan of their magnetic mount kits.

Unfortunately it looks like the deal on the media stands is done. Price is back up to $98when
I looked at this I was thinking the top was a mount to the ceiling but then I though if that was so why would they put wheels on it. this is something I am thinking about be for my tiny place.
I was looking at some of the picture and I hope that some people are smart enough to realize that having it on wheel and it sitting in thin a mall or the center of a living room will still have wires and cables hanging around it for it to work . the pictures show it in a living room on with out seeing any wires or cables lol I can see someone buying this and setting it all up then realizing there has to be cable management so people dont trip over the wires hehe but either way I still like this idea my current 55" is mounted on my wall and is a real hassle to plug things into the back of it.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member

Not sure how much of a "deal" this is, but it showed up on amazon and I'm surprised I've never seen this style of small(ish) battery powered pump being recommended for bikes. Looks like a perfect solution for emergency use (it's almost impossible to get proper tire pressure into a replacement tube with the standard manual hand pumps).

Bond007

Not sure how much of a "deal" this is, but it showed up on amazon and I'm surprised I've never seen this style of small(ish) battery powered pump being recommended for bikes. Looks like a perfect solution for emergency use (it's almost impossible to get proper tire pressure into a replacement tube with the standard manual hand pumps).
If you really need to keep size down, it looks like a nice setup. For my around the garage bikes/atv/car tire needs I have:

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ry...ator-with-digital-gauge-tool-only-/1001487654

I think it was $30 or $35 when I purchased.

Sum1Gnu

Personally, I wouldn't trust it to do the job unless a lot of the reviews (I didn't read thru them) indicate it works well. I bought a small compressor from Can. Tire years ago, to occasionally pump up my car tires, and what a complete P.O.S. it was! I ended up taking it back the same day. Fast forward many years, and my wife got me one of these Airhawk a few years ago, and it works ok. Not great, but ok. If you need to pump in a few pounds, it'll do the job. My one real gripe, is that it's the same as a rechargable flashlight I have - it doesn't get weak once the battery is getting low, but simply stops, out of the blue.

That Ryobi that Bond007 linked to looks better than the Airhawk, if for no other reason than the quick connect fitting, since the Airhawk needs to screw onto the tire valve.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
I have a 12V auto one that I keep in the trunk for use on the car. For me, the uniqueness of this comes from the small size (smaller than a manual bike tube one) and if the reviews are to believed it works as advertised.

Latest posts