What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

How can I change my NAT setting to open from strict? (Shaw)

ExpendableG4M3R

Hey guys, I just recently got Shaw's new Motorola modem and the damn thing is being a real pain.

I use to always have an open NAT when I was on the consoles and stuff and now everything is saying my NAT is set to strict and ill impact the games. Shaw said they dont provide support for NAT problems and ive been reading about some possible solutions but none of them have worked.
I was trying the solutions from here (How to Change Your Nat Type on Xbox Live: 5 Steps - wikiHow)

Why would this modem do this when the older Cisco modem Shaw was using never did this, its becoming a real pain in the @$$! :angry2:

enaberif

Newer Shaw modems get locked down pretty tight. Better to call them and put it into bridged mode and run your own router.

JD

Staff member
Do you have issues with something though?

Sounds like Shaw just needs to enable UPnP or NAT-PMP for you. I'm assuming it should support either or both protocols.

ExpendableG4M3R

The UPnP is enabled from what the gateway is telling me. Having a strict NAT will most likely cause issues with connecting to other people. Im curious what you mean by the newer Shaw modems are locked down?

I guess ill just have to call them again and demand I speak to someone who is a higher up support.

Latest posts

Twitter