What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

How do I know when my mobo battery is dead?

andynerd

I came a cross a post that was mentioning the symptoms of a dead motherboard battery and someone said there's wouldn't even post. So I tested my batter with an amp meter while it was under a load and it said 3 mA DC that seems a bit low so could there be a chance it is dead? Are there any other says of testing it?

Chris

Goto to your bios and see what it says. The mobo battery should be 3.0 volts (not 3 mA).

gingerbee

turn off computer . unplug it for a min or two then plug in and start if the time needs to be reset then your battery dead.

andynerd

Goto to your bios and see what it says. The mobo battery should be 3.0 volts (not 3 mA).
Like i said the computer doesn't post it doesn't even turn on it just lights up when connected to power. And 3.0v is constant even if the battery is almost dead what shows the amount of energy left in the battery is the amps or in this case milliamps. I will probably just replace the battery anyway but i was curious to know.

andynerd

Actually do i even have to use the CR2032 3v cell battery or could i use any 3v?

jay51

Like i said the computer doesn't post it doesn't even turn on it just lights up when connected to power. And 3.0v is constant even if the battery is almost dead what shows the amount of energy left in the battery is the amps or in this case milliamps. I will probably just replace the battery anyway but i was curious to know.
i would guess its more than battery if it wont POST.
i ran boards with dead baterry before.bios just wont save any settings/time

Twitter