What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

How do i update my bios?

Bubbzilla

I have an old P3 machine that I just got working. The mobo is the AOpen MX34. Im not really sure what the BIOS on it or how to check it. I don't want to mess it up... I have no harddrive yet but i have a CD Drive, Network Card, and Sound Card. Please help...

SugarJ

Staff member
If it's working, there is no reason to update the bios. Leave it be, it's tired.:biggrin:

tyreman

I went to the site found a bunch of stuff but if you wanted to update the cmos you'd need more info.
You can do all that.
If you don't want to mess it up what you typed leave...it alone.

KaptCrunch

WARNING if not done a successful flash MB is DOA

just can't stop/back out of flash renders prom blank

flash from floppy in DOS use correct flasher and file and have reliable power source

who bios ami/award? can take a pic of boot screen....hit pause/break key to read

current version is R.19 bio date 1/26/2003 DieHard BIOS Lite supported
R1.18 10/21/2002 Supports EzRestore
R1.17 2/8/2002 best to have this version
R1.15 10/9/2001
R1.14 4/6/2001
R1.12 12/18/2000
R1.09 11/28/2000
R1.04 8/18/2000
R1.02 6/20/2000
R1.005/10/2000 Initial Release

check what version in lower left corner of screen

go here an read the fixes aopen D/L Selection: Motherboards>>MX34>>BIOS

Attachments

sswilson

Staff member
If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, it was never any freaking good in the first place!!! :)

rjbarker

Flashing the BIOS is fairly routine, however, even I "hold me breath" as if its not successful, the only option other than getting a new BIOS chip and installing on your Board is to RMA the Board.
Likely best to leave well enough alone, I only Flash my BIOS if my system is acting "funky" and a potential new BIOS version can alleviate the problem.

KaptCrunch

rjbarker said:
Flashing the BIOS is fairly routine, however, even I "hold me breath" as if its not successful, the only option other than getting a new BIOS chip and installing on your Board is to RMA the Board.
Likely best to leave well enough alone, I only Flash my BIOS if my system is acting "funky" and a potential new BIOS version can alleviate the problem.
no RMA here i'd hot flash with an extra chip if bio chip is socketed as a back-up chip encase something happeneds

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter