What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

how do you flash the bios on a gpu?

Eldonko

Also before you do it remember you will lose your warranty and if you dont flash a BIOS you are sure will work it is not fun trying to flash back with no display.

MacJunky

That is why you boot using some other PCI card. At least, that is what people do when flashing AGP and regular PCI cards.. I do not know if you can get away with having a display on a PCI card while flashing a PCIe card. I should probably test then next time I have my rig off. >_>

DarKStar

The best advice I can give is DON'T flash your video card BIOS unless you really REALLY need to - there is a reason why it voids the warranty - one bad move or bad flash and your card is finished - or you will have a hell of a time trying to recover it, IF you can .... So the risk is not worht taking if the gain is little :)

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
The first thing I do when I get a new video card is check for an updated Bios. That way if the flash goes bad I just return it as D.O.A.

DarKStar

The first thing I do when I get a new video card is check for an updated Bios. That way if the flash goes bad I just return it as D.O.A.

You do know that they can check and determine that you tried flashing the bios :) I know that BFG checks - so it's basically you and your luck :)

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
I've never had a bad flash, just explaining my modus operandi.

Which is STICK IT TO THE MAN.

Latest posts