What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

How good is a pre-built SLI Watercooled Gaming System?

Dmitry

HWC YouTube Reviewer
In this video we take a look at the Rogue Type-S System from NCIX PC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCkzsJG1Jfk

More info on Rogue Type-S: http://bit.ly/ROGUE_TYPE_S

Full Specs:
-Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.8Ghz
-ASUS Sabertooth Sabranco Mark S Motherboard
-2x ASUS GeForce GTX 980 STRIX 4GB
-Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD
-16GB Avexir Sabranco Edition DDR3
-Corsair H100i GTX Liquid Cooling
-Corsair AXi 860W 80 Plus Platinum
-2TB Seagate SSHD Hybrid drive
-Windows 8.1

Attachments

• NCIX PC PSD.jpg
    NCIX PC PSD.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,939
Last edited:

Lysrin

With those specs I am guessing pretty good! :whistle: Sacrificed some of my mobile data to watch the video. I think that's a fantastic looking and (obviously) performing system.

My only complaint would be the big NCIX PC logos. I understand they need to advertise but I think something much more discrete, perhaps etched into the side panel window or top of the case, or even written on the side of the power supply perhaps, would have been more appropriate and wouldn't have distracted so much from the build, overall making the build look better. As a result that would have made NCIX look like a more "mature" system builder.

Last edited:

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Well, they picked a good case to put it in. Dmitry are the camo areas on the case exterior painted or is that a vinyl wrap?

FreeKnight

I can't actualy tell what case that is. I thought maybe a cooler master or corsair, but it's not looking like any corsairs I can think of or CM's unless it's a very new one.

The choice of the SSHD actually seems a bit odd now that I think about it since there's a dedicated SSD in there. Unless they've reached a point where the price difference is so small it was a 'might as well' situation.

I acutally just ordered one of those motherboards myself and was mulling over picking up the Avexir ram (and selling my gskill) or just getting another 2 sticks of gskill and painting the ripjaws heatsinks white, probably use a mazda 'Crystal White' or maybe the Acura metallic white automotive paint (for schmancy color). That avexir's nice looking but oof, buying two more kits of ram just to sell one that I already have....

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team

Lysrin

I really like that RAM, not sure I've seen it before. Slick looking with a suitably understated amount of "bling" :)

sswilson

Staff member
I really like that RAM, not sure I've seen it before. Slick looking with a suitably understated amount of "bling" :)

Yeah I was looking pretty hard at Avexir ram when I first saw it over at NCIX. Unfortunately that was awfully close to the peak price of memory sets and I couldn't justify going investing in 2X8G sticks when my 2X4G were still doing the trick for me. (I ended up making a partial trade + cash for a set of 2X8G Snipers locally).

Nothing wrong with a bit of bling in my books. :)

Tomal

All are good to me. I shall take it soon. Hope that it's good sell in market.

Latest posts

Twitter