What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

how many mice have you gone through?

Il Duce

1.Logitech EX110 wireless keyboard/mouse combo. It's a shame how the mouse keeps jolting across the screen randomly after less than 12 months of use. New batteries and a duster didn't help.

2.A4tech X7 (aka OCZ gamer mice, Logitech MX400). Smooth performance but it keeps detecting my single clicks as double clicks. Tried it on other PCs and gave up. Lasted approximately 10 months.

My old metal ps/2 ball mouse is still useable and it's over a decade old.

thenewguy001

I killed 1 MS intellimouse laser playing diablo 2 (non-stop clicking game). The spring on the logitech 6 button mouse I have right now is starting to die as well. The left click button isn't as springy is before and is starting to stick. It will probably have to be replaced soon. each mouse probably lasted me like 5 years. Pretty good lifespans if you ask me. My old old ball mouse probably still works but I hate cleaning it so I'm never going back. I might even have thrown it out.

CTA

just one high end mouse; mx510 (5 years old)... because i am waiting for a price and miss due to bad canadian dollar... i am stucking for now...

i used many cheap mouse as back up...

btw... i have a new brand mx510 (a long story)

Chilly

My MX1000 lasted me a good while, still works flawlessly, just in a storage bin somewhere, I used it June 2006 - December 2006. After that mouse I got a G5 which again, still works, and looks mint like the day I bought it but I replaced with a G5 Rev2(2 side buttons vs 1) back in June 2008.

Still using the G5 Rev2 today, and unless Logitech comes out with something better but with the same body style, I'm stuck with it :biggrin:

probationer

1. Ms Explorer v3.0
2. Logitech MX700
3. Logitech G7
4. Logitech G7 rev 2
5. Logitech G9

Have considered trying some Razer models but they seem pretty bulky. I didn't like the G9 to being with but it has grown on me, it was quite a radical shape change from the G5/7's.

Andy

I've had a MX610 for almost three years now and it is starting to show its age. It will definitely get replaced this year. Before that I had a good ol' ball mouse for more years than I can remember.

SiDiX007

I had my last G7 for about 4 years. it started losing its connection randomly and i got fed up and bought a new one. 6 months into this one and no issues at all. They are really nice.

EaGle1337

1. cheapo logitech's clickers broke inwards
2. diamondback refuses to click.

sswilson

Staff member
I've had a lot of the older standard MS mice and they've been troopers with most lasting at least 3 or more years. Just picked up one of the "comfort optical mouse 3000" models and I'm not sure if it's going to grow on me.... seems cheaply made and for some strange reason there's no "click" during scrollwheel operation.

I've also had a lot of luck with the standard Logitech mice. They've typically lasted in the 2 - 3 year range.

One thing I did notice lately is that it's getting harder and harder to find a "standard" wired mouse. Seems like the great majority are wireless, and one needs to step up to a $60 - $80 range if you want to find a quality wired mouse.

Eagle Eye

No "clicks" during scrolling is a huge pet peeve of mine I to used have all microsoft peripherals and as soon as they stop making the clickless scrolling I stopped buying their mice.

As far as I can remember

Standard IBM PS/2 Ball mouse: Destroyed playing Diablo and Command and conquer (1 year at best)
Microsoft Optical mouse: I killed this mouse wore the teflon pads off completely and buttons broke from so much clicking (2 years at best)
Logitech MX900: The beast of them all, ended up selling this one it was great wireless mouse. (2 years)
Logitech MX518: A solid mouse just beat the crap out of it playing WOW, COD4 it was a pretty much a throw away (2 years)
Logitech G5: Still have it its pretty solid mouse, however the middle mouse button doesn't work and drives me nuts (6 months old)

Whats next on my list, likely a G9 but I would really like to venture into something different possibly Razer or Steelseries

EE

Last edited:

Latest posts