What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

How many wifi clients in your household?

sswilson

Staff member
Just curious as to what a typical household wireless network is like.....

Looks like I'm at 16 wireless clients (not counting the hidden IPTV clients) which seems like an awful lot for a couple of non-social media retired folks. That's with one PC and one Printer solely hard wired.

Prolab

hmmm.... I have 21 so far. Majority of it is IoT stuff.

Not including my kid's phones, switch, tablet and wired clients.

Izerous

Folding Team
Seems like right now I have 20 active clients and some devices are shut off without power. Wireless devices in the garage for example have the power bar switched completely off.

I can't beleieve some of the break down stats the UDM pro can report. How much data has gone through Netflix for example. Or data used exclusively for pokemon go while my brother in law was here.

Some of those devices are things like smart IoT devices such as the garage door opener system, chrismaslights, plug timers etc. Have rock lamps in the bedrooms for the little ones on wifi plugs turn on 10 minutes before dusk turn off 10 minutes after dusk kind of thing. Timer for the Christmas lights, pool filter and the list goes on

crazyea

I have 14, but I have maybe 40 total devices and went out of the way to hard wire most of them. 6 people.

Lysrin

I run about 9-11 wifi devices, depending on whose home using what. Includes an extender, printer, and one smart blub (I know, one. I'm very high tech lol). 4 hardwired clients. Three of us in the household... the cat and dog don't have cellphones yet ;)

Latest posts