What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

How many wifi clients in your household?

sswilson

Staff member
30. And I live alone.

I hadn't thought of home automation/control devices. I've only got 4 "smart" plugs/switches, but they aren't included in the 16 I quoted because I've got them connected to the HH3000 as I found it easier to initialize them from a dedicated 2.4 with my phone connected to the same SSID.

Based on that.... I guess I've got 20 + 2 more hidden wireless STBs.

Lysrin

Orbi shows it at 77, but that's including the Back haul channel for each satellite, so 75.
And I don't even have everything setup yet.

I'm also pretty sure with all the Radio noise in the house I'm either going to glow in the Dark or get Super Powers.

-ST
Maybe you'll luck out and get both... :)

gingerbee

SO I am assuming your full smart home everything, audio/video/phone/IoT devices. ???
Orbi shows it at 77, but that's including the Back haul channel for each satellite, so 75
And I don't even have everything setup yet.

I'm also pretty sure with all the Radio noise in the house I'm either going to glow in the Dark or get Super Powers.

-ST

But there I go assuming things again lmao, if its not all of the above then what the hell is it all lol

JD

Staff member
I hear having more WiFi access points helps keep viruses like COVID out :ROFLMAO:

I'm at 71 devices if the UDMP is recording accurately, but only 15 wireless. Everything that can be plugged in, is.

Soultribunal

Staff member
SO I am assuming your full smart home everything, audio/video/phone/IoT devices. ???

But there I go assuming things again lmao, if its not all of the above then what the hell is it all lol

My Wife had been stockpiling products for a while now for whenever we 'owned a house'. Well that time came, and poor Soul was changing every outlet, lightbulb etc that mattered in the house.
Plus all of my PDU's are WIFI Smart, my garden sensors that are now hooked up to my smart valve on the Rain Catches for irrigation.
And thats just Wifi. Probably more like 98 if we include hard wired. If you look at IoT density in the house, its off the charts.

-ST

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
My neighbour was having issues with his home network. Gave him a hand. Turns out his low end crappy wifi router couldn't handle the 122 (!!!) items he had on it.

Every light switch, many light bulbs, home security cameras and lights, 3 TVs, a couple Android tv boxes, and even several wall plugs. Then add in a dozen or so phones/laptops etc and yep. 122.