What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

How many years of STEAM service do you have?

ipaine

Well as I mentioned before member since 26 December, 2007.

Games 778

And another 200+ on GOG I believe.

Izerous

Folding Team
I'm so old, I fought steam (and anything like it) when it first came out. I was not gonna download a game, or let some system control my gaming! I was a physical media purist, still am for my movies and music. I still have about 100 games on CD/DVD sitting behind me as I type.
I'm not going to deny I have a stack of CD's stashed away with a tonne of games that came out at that time. I always bought physical editions of most games back then. And with the lack of games like Dungeon Siege II in my early activation I clearly didn't link it to steam.

At the time I had so little faith in the long term survivability of Steam and that it was going to fail... clearly I was wrong for that time period anyways.

great_big_abyss

I 'gave up' my original Steam Account. When I moved in with my spouse, I shared my Steam Account with her son. Over time, he spent birthday money, Xmas money, and now that he's an adult, his own money on games. Eventually his purchases exceeded my own. A year ago I bit the bullet and transferred ownership of my old Steam Account into his name. I changed the screen name to one of his own choosing, and changed the account email and password to his own. I then started from scratch with my own Steam account. I lost a few games that I had earlier purchased, but no real biggie.

SO, my Steam account is just about a year old.

Shadowmeph

I suspect the majority of us old farts created an account for HL2, as that was steams first real 'hit' to draw people in.

22 Nov 2004
I didn't bother with steam because it would be running in the background and well I played competitive RTCW ET back then the fewer things running in the background the better performance, also After I beat half-life and quake and a few other games and ran out of things to play a few times which I think was the late 1990s and I think steam so it wasn't until 2007 when I opened an account with Steam. the PC and the internet gaming changed my life in a good way otherwise I probably wouldn't be alive or maybe in jail hehe

Izerous

Folding Team
...the PC and the internet gaming changed my life in a good way otherwise I probably wouldn't be alive or maybe in jail hehe
Honestly thats a pretty good point. High School I worked in a restaurant and bought my own computer from that so I could play EverQuest and other games. Mom basically had no say in how I used it since I bought it out right. Probably would have gotten into a lot more trouble than I did in my highschool years. Expensive computer like that paid in cash would have bought a lot of drugs/alcohol or been the source of other potential troubles instead I wanted to get my money's worth out of it. Not going to claim I never got into trouble in the end but it was a lot less than most of the friends I hung out with.

~2001 maybe early 2002 ish Small town radio shack I actually brokered a deal with the store manager to deliver it for me after he closed up the shop no extra cost (paid in cash). There was no way I wanted to walk nearly a full km with a CRT monitor, tower, and everything else to get it home.

Was into computers and had one in the house before then but it was already very much showing its age (probably 1995ish computer) and was struggling to get it to do what I wanted anymore.

Latest posts