What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

How much can I sell my pc for?

mikesalami

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I wasn't really sure where to put it.

My pc info is in the image attached. I've upgraded it with a 250 GB Samsung SSD, as well as a 2 TB HDD, which isn't that old.

The pc isn't that great, but the hard drives I'm sure are worth something.

Want to put for sale on kijiji or wherever, but no idea what price to list it for.

Thanks for any help!

4Ks4mGW.jpg

Cannon Fodder

I wouldn't be answering that kind of question anyway, BUT if you want some help with that question, you really need to supply more info. You mentioned the SSD and hard drive, and your screenshot shows the CPU & RAM, but you've left out plenty of pertinent info, such as case, motherboard, PSU, video card, etc.....

FreeKnight

Like cannon fodder said we need a lot more info. Prebuilt or did you build it youself? What brand/model are the various parts (mobo/psu/ssd), does it have a separate GPU or just intel integrated graphics?

TBH, SSD prices have dropped a lot over the last couple of years, and a i37100 isn't worth much. I wouldn't expect a lot for it going from a quick look at the specs.

mikesalami

Hey sorry about the lack of info, I don't know a lot about this stuff.

Let me look into it. The computer for sure isn't great, but I thought maybe the 250GB SSD and 2TB HDD might be worth something.

FreeKnight

If it's a prebuilt (Dell, Gateway, Acer, etc) look for a sticker with the model number on it and we can probably get a better idea for you. If you can get that model # you can always check ebay's sold listings for that model to get an idea (although ebay prices are usually inflated to what you'll get on kijiji or craigs)

A 250 GB SSD if it's SATA is only going to be worth $20-30 used most likely (if that) and a 2TB 3.5" HDD maybe $30-40 used, if that even, although if it's a laptop HDD (ie 2.5") you might get 50-60 . They're just not particularly impressive parts anymore.

mikesalami

If it's a prebuilt (Dell, Gateway, Acer, etc) look for a sticker with the model number on it and we can probably get a better idea for you. If you can get that model # you can always check ebay's sold listings for that model to get an idea (although ebay prices are usually inflated to what you'll get on kijiji or craigs)

A 250 GB SSD if it's SATA is only going to be worth $20-30 used most likely (if that) and a 2TB 3.5" HDD maybe $30-40 used, if that even, although if it's a laptop HDD (ie 2.5") you might get 50-60 . They're just not particularly impressive parts anymore.

It's an hp... 15-bs062st is the model number.

Ya I didn't realize the 250GB SSD was so cheap now... damn, lol. The HDD is 2.5" and is internal.

So maybe like $100 for the whole thing?

Thanks for the help!

Bond007

You would get more than 100 for sure, but I will leave a $ value recommendation to others who follow laptops more than me.

moocow

Hmm laptop is hard to price. A more modern version at Costco is $610 pre tax. So start at $300 and see if there are any takers?

mikesalami

Thanks for the replies!

I'd be happy with $300 for sure. I'll try that and would settle for $200 or so if it doesn't sell.

Latest posts