What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

how often do you charge your mobile devices?

Mr. Friendly

how low do you let the battery go before you plug your phone / tablet or laptop to charge?

I usually plug my phone in at the end of the day, no matter the battery level, but now I'm going to wait until it's lower, below 40% and then plug it in to charge. as it's my only communications device, I don't want to risk losing power if something happens that prevents me from going home, etc, so don't like seeing it go too low.

lowfat

Staff member
My work phone I charge every 3-4 days. I don't use cellular on it, just tether to main phone. So it lasts 4 days generally. Wireless charging since I melted the USB port. :rolleyes:

My main phone I charge whenever I'm driving out of town for work. Which is generally every 2 or so days. Fast charging off.

Laptop, never run it on battery TBH. I set it to stop charging @ 50% so it isn't under full charge pressure.

JD

Staff member
I usually let my phones (both personal and work) run down to about 25% before charging. I don't leave them charging overnight either anymore. Seems to have been helping keep the batteries in better shape too, but of course that's pretty subjective.

In my case though, I don't use my phones much during the week, most calls are over Teams on my laptop. The weekends I charge each night regardless of percentage to be on the safe side.

anabioz

Good question, I follow the 20%-80% rule and align the max charging levels with this app:

Allows you to monitor the battery degradation as well as advise the best patterns for charging it. Generally charge max to 80% to reduce the wear.

Lysrin

My Pixel 3's battery ain't what it used to be so I usually have to charge nightly now. When I'm working from home I have the tendency to plop it on the wireless charger and use it as a desk clock but I'm guessing that topping up of the battery isn't the best thing for it.

crazyea

I charge mine once per day. Usually at around 20-50%. Leave until 90-100%. Never overnight. My 11 pro max battery had 100% health after 1.5 years. My 12pro max is at 100% after 10 months.

ipaine

Look at all of you and your numbers.

Have a wireless charger on my desk, and some days it will be on it most of the day, next day I will let the phone go down to 30 percentish, then charge, next time 60%, and well frankly I just stick it on there if I am thinking about it.
Like right now, noticed phone was at 33%. I'll leave it charging till I go to sleep and grab it, no matter what it is at.

This is a Note 8, and battery still lasts over a day of using the phone so I'm not overly concerned. Would I get more if I tried to follow some rules, sure, but ain't nobody got time for that.