What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

how often do you charge your mobile devices?

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Interesting. This may have been covered in the thread already, but how are you preventing charging over 85%?

If you plug in or use a wireless charger are you waking up to stop the charging at the right time? Maybe one of the apps mentioned in this thread does that for you. I'll admit I didn't read the whole thing again.
AccuBattery can be set so your phone starts chirping at you when it's hit the charge limit you want. it will still charge, but you get notice it's ready to be disconnected.

Wicked15

I only charge my phone and watch when I'm sitting beside it working and never leave anything charging over night. I usually charge them when they get to 10-15%.
For my old work iPhone 5 I would charge it every 4 days and after 2 years I was still only charging it 2 times a week.

For my Pixel 5 - which is 12mths old - I charge it about 2 times a week.

New Galaxy Watch 4 Classic that I've had for 3 weeks (Still semi-conditioning the battery). When I first got it I was having to charge it every morning and eventually after about 4 days after the same amount of "on time" I was able to extend the time I had to charge it by about 5-6hrs. Now after having it for 3 weeks I'm up to only having to charge it every 3rd morning.

rjbarker

Gaming Laptop - replace about every 5 yrs, as its about as long a life as I seem to get out of em.

iPhone - replace every 3-4 yrs.

Mac Book Pro - my current and only one is approaching 9 yrs and still going strong !!!

sswilson

Staff member
Gaming Laptop - replace about every 5 yrs, as its about as long a life as I seem to get out of em.

iPhone - replace every 3-4 yrs.

Mac Book Pro - my current and only one is approaching 9 yrs and still going strong !!!

Heh..... Charge, not Change..... :)

Soultribunal

Staff member
Every night. I play podcasts or music all day long while I'm in the warehouse (helps calm my mind) so the battery only makes it till the end of the day on my S9+.

-ST

Soultribunal

Staff member
perhaps consider getting a DAP or perhaps, if your phone does the wireless charging, one of those magnetic cases with a battery in it?

It makes it through until the end of the day so its not a huge concern. I have chargers everywhere I go so I'm not worried about it really.

-ST

rjbarker

Ok so I rarely change my phone.....I find these new iPhone 12's I can get away with maybe 12 hrs between changes.......however I charge my iPhones maybe every 3 yrs.....otherwise not really worth it.....

The change on my MBP lasts forever....unless video playback......I'm just considering Charging it now as its 9 yrs old and cannot take any more new updates......

Its called having a "Bobzone moment"....welcome to my world....my poor fvcking crew!!!

Hope that clarifies ;)

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Ok so I rarely change my phone.....I find these new iPhone 12's I can get away with maybe 12 hrs between changes.......however I charge my iPhones maybe every 3 yrs.....otherwise not really worth it.....

The change on my MBP lasts forever....unless video playback......I'm just considering Charging it now as its 9 yrs old and cannot take any more new updates......

Its called having a "Bobzone moment"....welcome to my world....my poor fvcking crew!!!

Hope that clarifies ;)

more importantly...how often do you change your motherboard? LoLoL!!!

Latest posts