What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

how to install ICH10R for p5q deluxe

CTA

unlike winxp 64 can install... without any problems... but if i let vista do then it will install AKT or something...

so can you please tell me how to install it manually?

the folder contain

iaAHCI.cat
iaAHCI.inf
iaStor.cat
iaStor.ini
IaStor.sys
license.txt
TXTSETUP.OEM

thank you in advance...

Tazer-[X]

the easiest way to do it is to do a F6 install at the beginning of windows. All those you files you mentioned? write em all to a floppy. Than let windows do its thing. After the whole thing is installed, you will need to install the raid manageing software. And a little hint, to be to upset if you get like 2 MB per sec through put at first LoL. YOu need to / reformat / all the drives to a parity set, called initializing, if your going real raid.

CTA

so its for raid? if so i dont need it... but i will still install it before its annyoying me (like you have an new unknown hardware balha blha)

thank you very much

misterd

it's for native SATA mode on your motherboard, otherwise it's just pretending to be an IDE drive. So you lose NCQ and some other stuff that I don't know.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
open device managaer. Find the ich10 driver, probably under scsi and raid controllers or unknown devices. Right click on it and choose update driver. Don't let it install automatically, choose have disk and navigate to the folder.

CTA

misterd... so should i not installed it? i dont like to see error in device (therefore i want to install ALL correct drivers)

squeetard... i did and it can't find the driver... :?

Tazer-[X]

well, if you watch your bios, you will notice that is says something abougt sata and raid? And this version prolly only supports cd-rom and hard disks? Its your sata controler card built in. If you want sata 2 performance, install it.

CTA

i dont have cd devices... only one sata hard drive (se16 640gb)...

i guess i will install... but i want to heard sugar response first [about install]...

Twitter