What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

How to reduce bottlenecking without OC

areszues92

It is personally impossible for me to OC my cpu as i know nothing and have read many tutorials but to no avail. I am planning to buy a GTX 460 1 GB and a PSU, and buying a new CPU and Ram is too much on my budget. So, can someone please tell me how to reduce bottlenecking without OC'ing my CPU.

Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo e6750 2.66 ghz
2 GB DDR2 667 mhz
Max Res: 1440x900

jcmaz

Not really possible to get free performance without OC'ing. You could always upgrade your CPU...

It is pretty easy to OC. I would read guides on OC'ing the Conroe chips (ie: E2160).

LarkStarr

Overclocking should be easy, given you're not using OEM parts. You can also add another 2 GB of ram, that would certainly help.

Arinoth

Staff member
Uh thats kinda the definition of a bottleneck, your gpu will be sending more information then your cpu can handle if you crank everything up max.

Bond007

I heard cranking up all the graphic settings reduce bottlenecking, any opinions?

That will cause a GPU to be the bottleneck in a high end system instead of the CPU, but in your case you will likely be CPU limited in most games IMO.

areszues92

So cranking up the settings will increase bottlenecking? Damn i'm so confused right now.

Last edited:

Jd007

Technically downclocking your GPU will reduce the bottleneck... But on a more serious note, you can't really expect to squeeze more performance out of your system without spending extra money or overclocking. I would say though, at your screen resolution, you should be able to max every game (save a few optimized for quad-core games).

YukonTrooper

Learn to overclock, it's not difficult. What do you mean by it's personally impossible for you? Were you having mad A.D.D. spaz attacks when trying to read the tutorials?

Also, save some money and go for the 768MB model. 1GB @ 1440x900 is a waste.

Twitter