What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

How to set up HFM.NET and FahMon to monitor [email protected] progress. Now with videos.

BT!

i'm going to let it run, if it crashes oh well, i'm to tired to mess with this anymore tonight, night all. ;)

Zero82z

Banned
I have [email protected] running on my remote server, is it possible to use FAHmon to monitor it from my home computer?
If you could make your [email protected] directory accessible over the internet, you could point FahMon to that location and you may be able to monitor it. Or you could use something like Hamachi to create a virtual LAN between your home PC and your server.

Taz

Hey, having a tiny problem with FahMon. Often when I start it the two VMWare clients (have a quad core processor, using VMWare to fold 2 instances with 2 cores each) show up as black, as having errors. I've discovered (FINALLY!!) that this is because FahMon changes the IP address for them, from .104 and .105 to anything as random as .106 to .109 (the last three digits are all that changes). Any explanation or fix for this? It's only slightly annoying that I have to edit those two clients each time I want to see my PPD on them, but still annoying nontheless.

Zero82z

Banned
Hey, having a tiny problem with FahMon. Often when I start it the two VMWare clients (have a quad core processor, using VMWare to fold 2 instances with 2 cores each) show up as black, as having errors. I've discovered (FINALLY!!) that this is because FahMon changes the IP address for them, from .104 and .105 to anything as random as .106 to .109 (the last three digits are all that changes). Any explanation or fix for this? It's only slightly annoying that I have to edit those two clients each time I want to see my PPD on them, but still annoying nontheless.
FahMon isn't changing the IP addresses, your router is doing it because you have the clients set to use DHCP. Go into the configuration for the VMs and set each one to have a static IP address. That will fix your problem.

Taz

FahMon isn't changing the IP addresses, your router is doing it because you have the clients set to use DHCP. Go into the configuration for the VMs and set each one to have a static IP address. That will fix your problem.
What's DHCP? And if my router is changing the VM clients, why do they remain the same as .104 and .105 but they are only changed in FahMon? Also, how do I access the configuration again? Is that where I enter the IP address of the VM clients into my browser? I thought that was it, but it doesn't seem to be working... :doh:

Thanks for answering, and forgive my incessant questioning, just trying to learn!

Zero82z

Banned
Are you saying that your FahMon configuration is changing but your VMs are staying the same? Because that doesn't make the least bit of sense. I thought that your VM IP addresses are changing.

Taz

Yup, my VMware addresses are always the same ip's. VM Client1 is 192.168.1.104 and VM CLient2 is 192.168.1.105, they never change. The problem is I start my computer, start my 2 VM clients, start FahMon and FahMon shows a black square beside each client. I click on the error message and it says something's wrong with the client or it can't be found, so I click on "edit client" and FahMan has changed so it is trying to monitor 192.168.1.106 and 192.168.1.107 instead of the 2 addresses I mentioned earlier, which are constant for my VM clients (though I don't recall setting up a static IP for them unless that was part of the walkthrough for setting up VM clients).

El_Fiendo

Fahmon's past couple of versions have been renaming themselves for me too. Sometimes its the location of the client, and sometimes its the actual name of the client that changes. It is Fahmon entirely, and nothing to do with your router. It makes little sense to me how or why, but I've witnessed it numerous times.

Twitter