What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

How to set up HFM.NET and FahMon to monitor Folding@home progress. Now with videos.

chrisk

Folding Captain
honestly i cant even find the work folder so finding the area to change the ip to vm is prolly a right-off. thanks anyway though. going back to the normal client.. had enough of vm and i'm to tired and i'm going to break something soon.. lol

Guys;
Check my original post now. I added some screenshots to point out how to set up the vmware monitoring. Its in step 4.

chrisk

Folding Captain
its VM, also the window open says

am i supposed to login here or something? my cores are running 100% and i havn't logged in if i was supposed to?

No you don't login. You also don't navigate to any folders on your network. You have to type in the ip address. Check out Step 4 again as I put in some screenshots of what you are supposed to do.

BT!

i cant get up there to change it, i cant get the cursor to go above login: done for tonight, i'm going to bed, maybe i'll give it another try tomorrow. thanks for the help :)

Zero82z

Banned
Guys;
Check my original post now. I added some screenshots to point out how to set up the vmware monitoring. Its in step 4.
It would be good if you added instructions on how to point to the VMs using their network name or how to configure a static IP address, since if they depend on DHCP, they can end up with a different IP when they are rebooted.
i cant get up there to change it, i cant get the cursor to go above login: done for tonight, i'm going to bed, maybe i'll give it another try tomorrow. thanks for the help :)
There's no changing of anything. All you have to do is see the IP address, take note of the specific numbers, and insert them into this path: \\**IP address here**\c\etc\folding\1\

Once you've done that, you'll have a path that reads something like this (with a different IP address probably): \\192.168.1.247\c\etc\folding\1\

Then, just take that address, paste it into the Location field in FahMon, make sure you've got the Virtual Machine option checked off, and click Ok. After that, you'll be good to go.

Last edited:

chrisk

Folding Captain
It would be good if you added instructions on how to point to the VMs using their network name or how to configure a static IP address, since if they depend on DHCP, they can end up with a different IP when they are rebooted.

Good idea, but that is something that should be added to the vmware sticky, as this is how to monitor the vm and not configure it.

Zero82z

Banned
i dont see where it shows any info for vmware.. i'm sure if i could find the work folder i'd be set, but there doesn't seem to be one?
The work folder doesn't matter. You need the folder containing the log file, which I've already given you the path to several times. Just follow the instructions in my last post EXACTLY, and it will work.
Good idea, but that is something that should be added to the vmware sticky, as this is how to monitor the vm and not configure it.
I think it could fit under this as well, since the reason the static IP would be configured is specifically so it's easier to monitor the VM. But either way, it's a very useful bit of info to have listed, IMO. And you could also add some info on how to monitor the VMs based on their hostnames rather than their IPs (which basically just entails substituting the hostname for the IP address in the path).

BT!

worked that time, thanks. :) i swear to god i have put \\192.168.0.101\c\etc\folding\1\ in there 50 times.. not sure why it worked this time but it did. thanks again Zero, Chris and DMCD :)

BT!

weird, now that fahmon started working i got an error in vmware.. this program hates me..

fold-6f25 login: Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = 4686958771 ns)

Latest posts