What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

How to stop speaker feedback?

Chess Gator

Hi, I have a 2.1 set of Altec speakers. I have had them for several years. Now I am getting constant feedback from my speakers. It sounds like the radio when it is not on any station. Just garbled feedback noise~!

Do you know how to stop this problem?

I do have a sound card.

Thank you,

CG

Bond007

Did you try plugging them into something else (phone, etc) to make sure it is the speakers? Do you get a scratchy noise when volume knob is adjusted, or is it just a constant garbled noise? Checked all connections? Same noise from all speakers?

Shadowmeph

I think that I have it to it is more of the sound of air? in my case I can here a Hum. back in the day when people would hook up amplifiers in cars you would get a hum which meant it was ground issue I think that in this case at least for me it is also a grounding issue which I haven't been able to solve my stereos do the same thing if the volume is turned down I can hear like air ( a hiss) and also a low hum what I do for my 2.1 tv speakers ( which my PC is plugged into ) I turn down the amp volume on the speakers and use the volume control of the TV seems to solve the issue a little there is probably a way to ground out the speaker amplifier but I am not sure how to do this. on a side note I really notice the air sound when I plug in my headphones into the headphone jack on the 2.1 speakers which is also why I have never upgraded to a 5.1 sound system for my TY this building I live in is an older building so I think that it is some type of mild feed back because of lack of grounding

clshades

are you running your stuff through a good sound bar? Or perhaps an APC battery back up?

Praktik

^^ this

Try speakers with another audio source. Some built in sound cards are very noisy.

If speakers play fine with another source I'd consider a decent USB audio solution to get the audio served up from outside the case/motherboard!

KaptCrunch

try another set of speakers, mite be that ones using voice coils are burnt will do that of what you desribed gurbled

hum: grounding issues with power source or bad input cable with no ground

feed back check sound properties .... uncheck playthrough speakers

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter