What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

hows weather in your neck of the woods?

omgwtf

Why the hell do these blizzards start when I'm out driving ? 15 kms in 30 minutes on the highway was not fun.

CroSsFiRe2009

Dear god.....the sidewalks are so crappy at the moment. The weather reports for London seem to be extremely off these days.
They predicted a foot of snow last Wednesday and we ended up with less than a cm. Today its predicted 1cm and end up with a foot.

To top it off, missed my bus and tried walking home through the snow. Worst idea ever.

shumway

Boss just drove me home and we got stuck 2 times :haha:

Dam plows are only doing the main roads but when they do that they leave a 2 foot drift blocking the side roads :angry2:

_dangtx_

Banned
good morning canada!!

and if youre in southern ontario and quebec, happy hsoveling!!

check this out :

Act_Nat_Aft.rgb.jpg

canada_obs.jpg

currentfronts.rgb.jpg

Significant snow falling across southern Ontario - The Weather Network

February 5, 2011 — A low pressure system is bringing a good helping of snow to southern Ontario.

Bursts of heavy snow are sweeping across much of southern Ontario.
For the second time this week flurries are battering the region. First it was the Groundhog Day storm. Now, another low is walloping southern Ontario with flakes.
Upwards of 16 cm could be dumped on places like Niagara, Guelph, Stratford and Oshawa. Earlier this evening, Environment Canada issued snowfall warnings but they have since been dropped.
“The system is the same one that created dangerous conditions for Texans,” notes Brian Dillon, a meteorologist here at The Weather Network. “It's also the same low that's muscling an intense low pressure system into the Maritimes.”
The snow is already packing a punch. The heavy flurries have given way to low visibilities. As of 8 p.m. 16 cm blanketed London, 11 cm hit Toronto and 7 cm had already fallen across Windsor. “The roads were very snowy and slippery as I drove into work, people need to be careful if they're behind the wheel,” warns Dillon.
According to Environment Canada, near whiteout conditions have been observed on web cameras along the 401-403 corridor as well as Canwarn observers.
“Based on the radars, the snow should last until around 3 a.m., this is when we'll see the most significant totals.”
As the snow tracks eastward, Montreal will also get a good dose of flurries that will result in accumulations.

Overall, though, the forecast is encouraging for people wanting to enjoy the many winter-themed festivals occurring around the region this weekend.
Some of those festivals include:

• The 33rd annual Winterlude Festival in Ottawa, Ontario, featuring an ice carving competition, giant snow slides and skating on the Rideau Canal. On now until February 21st.
  • Barrie Winterfest in Heritage Park. Featuring a midway, horse-drawn wagon rides, dogsled rides, mini snow tubing, an ice maze, and the annual polar bear dip, taking place Sunday at Centennial Beach.
  • Newmarket Winterfest at the Ray Twinney Recreation Complex, including dogsled rides, ice carving, free public skating on Sunday, and indoor crafts for kids.
  • Port Carling Winterfest at the Port Carling Community Centre, featuring log sawing, a dog show, kids' games and children's entertainers.
  • Lion's Winter Carnival in Beaverton, featuring games, silent auction, outhouse races and a scavenger hunt.
  • Kingston's 7th Annual Feb Fest, featuring a snow maze and snow slide, public skating, live music and hockey games.
With files from Alexandra Pope.

sswilson

Staff member
We're getting snow up this way, and "Oh Joy, Oh Bliss", they're calling for yet another storm on tuesday.

Our roof foundation (is that an oxymoron?) shifted under the weight this morning and we've got a crack in the gyprock/plaster on the ceiling so I guess that's a warning to buy a ladder so I can shovel some of the snow off.

_dangtx_

Banned
aint that a bich lol.

although blisters means work means exercise means good things in the long run :)

Latest posts