What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

HP Z220 Stock cooler replacement ideas..

r0k0

Folding Team
Hey everyone, i want to replace the stock intel cooler in my HP Z220 workstation.

LGA1155 socket but not the traditional cooler i guess since its a Xeon... i've bought 5 different coolers and none of them fit haha. Anyone know where or which aftermarket cooler fits on that weird layout ?

moocow

Did you get one off eBay already? I looked at the mount holes and that doesn't look like your standard 1155 mount.

EDIT: some posts on Google suggest it's a 2011 cooler mount. Suggest you measure and double check.

Last edited:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
If you can get in there, I would definitely measure the hole pattern and save yourself a lot of grief.

r0k0

Folding Team
Did you get one off eBay already? I looked at the mount holes and that doesn't look like your standard 1155 mount.

EDIT: some posts on Google suggest it's a 2011 cooler mount. Suggest you measure and double check.

its not 2011 socket, i have one here and the 2011 is a perfect square, the lga 1155 socket from the hp is more rectangle.

i have a hyper 212, deepcool gammaxx, raijintek, noctua, 3 aio's and none of them fit lol

moocow

its not 2011 socket, i have one here and the 2011 is a perfect square, the lga 1155 socket from the hp is more rectangle.

i have a hyper 212, deepcool gammaxx, raijintek, noctua, 3 aio's and none of them fit lol
Oh I thought 2011 is a rectangle socket, my bad.

Entz

There are 2 types of 2011 (and later) mounting methods though. Narrow and Square. Former is extremely common on server boards. So maybe they were using the narrow version in what you found moo.

If you measure the distance between the mounting points what is it? Might be able to match up with a known spec. i.e. 1155 is 75mm in both axis.

r0k0

Folding Team
There are 2 types of 2011 (and later) mounting methods though. Narrow and Square. Former is extremely common on server boards. So maybe they were using the narrow version in what you found moo.

If you measure the distance between the mounting points what is it? Might be able to match up with a known spec. i.e. 1155 is 75mm in both axis.
I have LGA 1155, not 2011

Entz

So then why are your 1155 coolers not fitting? 1155 has standard holes at 75x75.

ie. Be more specific is it Z-height, width, ram issues, mounting points not lining up?

Last edited:

Bond007

Probably a custom cooler mount. Have you measured the spaces yet to see if it aligns with anything else?