What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Huge Performance Issue with M14x R2 PLEASE HELP

Manpearbig

Geforce Gt 650m i7-3610qm 2.3ghz 6 gigs of ram (M14x R2. Ok first off I know Alienware Sucks I bought this when i first got into pc gaming and was just fooled by the flashing lights an stuff. Anyways I am having a huge fps problem. I see videos on youtube of this exact rig playing games such as Far Cry 3 on ultra at 30fps, another of The Forest at high with 30fps and another of Guild Wars on high at 40fps. I dont know what the problem is but my computer runs those games anywhere near that well! Far Cry 3 I run everything as low as it can go with 40fps The Forest I have to literally disable almost all foliage and at 720p and its like at 14fps or lower and Guild Wars is everything as low as it can go at 20fps! I dont know what I'm doing wrong. I have my gpu drivers updated, I have opened the bottom part of the laptop and used compressed air to get rid of the dust as best as I can. I heard you have to change the thermal paste, which I've never done but am willing to learn how to do. Or is there like some secret setting Idk about? I did change the settings on the Nvidia Control Panel already btw. PLEASE HELP IM IN LOW FPS HELLL!:angry2:

The Forest Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmnlfOlmvPA
Far Cry 3 Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh9ou4ZPfU4
Guild Wars 2 Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q-AvwbuBcI

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
A quick check shows your screen to have a resolution of 1600x900. Meanwhile in the videos uploaded to YT the resolutions are either 1360x768 or 720P. Both are MUCH lower than yours and that alone could be causing a massive hurdle for that little 650M to jump over.

clshades

Sounds like maybe a heat problem. Install hardware monitor and run it while you run he game for 30 minutes or so. Report the temps back here.

Manpearbig

Idk too much how to read temperatures but i'll try

CPU: 51C min 65C Max for all cores pretty much
GPU: its staying at 60C and GPU1 Usage is at 99%

sorry if i sound stupid reporting these temperatures if I missed something please tell me

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
If the GPU usage is so high you should be getting full performance.

Check the process explorer and see if there's a background process that's eating up CPU cycles.

Bond007

If your hitting 99% usage and temps are fine (like they are), then whatever you are getting for fps is it.

Latest posts

Twitter