What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Huge Scalping Profits

Izerous

Folding Team

Normally I don't even bother looking around since Mr Friendly does an amazing job at highlighting things like this but I found the numbers in this article to be absolutely amazing.

"The data showed that scalpers made up to $946,259 in earnings from flipping Zen 3 processors on eBay. Nonetheless, the scalpers weren't the only party benefiting from sales as eBay and PayPal raked in a juicy profit of $625,665 as well."

Doing the quick math on some of the number the average profit on a scalped 5900x is around $240 USD

Last edited:

gingerbee

not surprised since the 5900x on amazon is 1300$ which kills me, I guess I should be happy I can pre-order it with Canada Computers for MSRP
This its the first time I have to pay for the full cost of the items I want to buy beforehand
( found that out today so now I just have to put my order through )

Bond007

That’s nothing (unfortunately), scalpers and eBay have made $19 million in PS5 sales.

Latest posts