What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

HW monitor vs Realtemp

danmitch1

First time i noticed this, hw monitor is recording 10°c hotter than real temp on all cores. Which one do I trust, or do I take an average of the two? Id love to believe hw monitor is wrong lol...

danmitch1

Both my 3770k system and 2 775 systems are not reading the same temp...

Dwayne

I use Core Temp and HWiNFO 64. They seem to agree. I remember using Realtemp and not liking it for some reason.

Caldezar

I primarily use Core Temp, and sometimes HW Monitor. I remember running in to a lot of issues with Realtemp back in the LGA775 days.

ilya

Both pieces of software read off the same sensor, the reason the numbers are different is because the tjmaxx value is set wrong in one or both pieces of software. Tjmaxx value on your cpu is specific to your specific model number and stepping revision.

The software reads the sensor data as distance from tjmaxx, so if tjmaxx on your chip is 80c and the sensor reads as 20c under tjmaxx the reading should be 60c. (hope that makes sense)

danmitch1

Both pieces of software read off the same sensor, the reason the numbers are different is because the tjmaxx value is set wrong in one or both pieces of software. Tjmaxx value on your cpu is specific to your specific model number and stepping revision.

The software reads the sensor data as distance from tjmaxx, so if tjmaxx on your chip is 80c and the sensor reads as 20c under tjmaxx the reading should be 60c. (hope that makes sense)
Makes alot of sense, I wonder if I can correct the tjmax value.

Latest posts