What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

hwc homepage 20% cpu

belgolas

Yup when I am up at the top of the screen I get 19-21% usage and when I move to the bottom it is 0%. So it is the add and the pictures are blurry. I will do a quick check on IE. Funny with IE and firefox viewing it at the same time I get up to 49% usage! That is more then most games lol.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Wow...my C2D chip on my laptop goes nuts when that Gskill ad is on screen. Laptop fans start speeding up, etc. This on Firefox 3.0.8.

FiXT

Hall of Fame
Heh.... your concerns have been passed on up the chain. :)

"HWC Advises that you get a better computer to properly visit our website"
:haha:

Ya it is hitting a good 50% usage on a quad AMD :( - Oh well, something should be done fairly soon I'm sure. admins wouldn't subject us to this for long

bojangles

Yup it's definitely the ad. I did a little test:

Resizing your task manager window over the ad causes the CPU load to change, depending on the amount of area you've covered. More coverage mean less CPU load. It's fun! Try it yourself!

sswilson

Staff member
Yup it's definitely the ad. I did a little test:

Resizing your task manager window over the ad causes the CPU load to change, depending on the amount of area you've covered. More coverage mean less CPU load. It's fun! Try it yourself!

Heh... only on a tech site would people be doing that kind of testing...... :)

b1lk1

DAMN!!! That advertisement uses up to 45% of my CPU when it is displaying, averaging 40%. This kinda stuff is a big turn off......

Latest posts