What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

-=HWC skis !!=-

Alpine

Braineater,

Thanks for the skis can't wait to run them. I'm in Mtl, a little bit far away to join you and hike the mountain and going down after.
But next winter, i was looking to do a trip to Panorama Resort (been there 25 years ago at 18y) but with that virus i put a hold on it ;-(

clshades

Ouu let me know about any trips, I might be in! No touring though, I need a hottub at the bottom haha. Just got all new gear this season, and did one night at Seymour only :(. New Salomon QST 92, Look Pivot 12, and Atomic Hawk 110s boots. Plus new HH jacket. I was very long overdue...

you're welcome to join Ross next time he comes out. I can sleep ya, and hot tub ya too :p

BrainEater

Hey fatasses !!!

Life and Skiing ain't over !!

I did 5 days at Panorama B.C.
I had to stay by myself, and I actually skied alone for 4 days.
It was very cool.....Cathartic......mental health week forsure.
----

2021psummit.jpg

Just a word about 'travel between provinces' and the COVID thing :

The premier of B.C. , John Horgan, has wisely decided not to medically close the border between Alberta and B.C.
As someone who's family has paid taxes in B.C. for 40 years, I appreciate that !
It is still perfectly legal to goto B.C from Alberta, But you must still follow the health orders etc....

It's just gonna cost 3x as much to do it.

I drive west on Friday....

Into snow.

:love:

crazyea

Not a knock on you, but I think its weird people from another province are allowed to travel in and ski, and stand in long non-socially distanced queues, but my daughter who doesn't live with me isn't allowed to come over and visit me in my home. lol

Hopefully we are stable enough tomorrow that they ease some of these restrictions for us.

clshades

Not a knock on you, but I think its weird people from another province are allowed to travel in and ski, and stand in long non-socially distanced queues, but my daughter who doesn't live with me isn't allowed to come over and visit me in my home. lol

Hopefully we are stable enough tomorrow that they ease some of these restrictions for us.
It is socially distanced and masks are required here. If you refuse to wear a mask they take your pass away. Multiple passes have already been stripped up here. Ross works in the food industry, their Covid requirements would be more strict than going grocery shopping.

crazyea

It is socially distanced and masks are required here. If you refuse to wear a mask they take your pass away. Multiple passes have already been stripped up here. Ross works in the food industry, their Covid requirements would be more strict than going grocery shopping.

Obviously I'm not there, so I can't say for sure one way or the other, nor can I speak for every ski slope, but I have seen recently on Global TV long lines in Whistler/Black Comb where it continues all the way through the village where people are NOT socially distanced. Thus the many complaints about people from outside of BC coming here. Also, I'm not against it one way or another, I just find it weird how people crowd into grocery stores, soccer pitches, schools, etc. but you cant have a family member over.

I really hope that these things can be overcome soon and covid fades away.

clshades

I really hope that these things can be overcome soon and covid fades away.

You and me both man. Big White Resort cancelled all bookings from anywhere outside of the province and internationally. People who only buy a day pass have to register in advance to come skiing and those numbers are limited. Season pass holders can come and go as they please.

RCMP have been present even for Australia Day and or any other long weekend or celebratory type days.

There are a few scumbag landlords and dumb fuck employees who've brought us to the brink of closure.

There have been a few fights with staff in the lines and I have called out a few people myself. One fella chirped back at me asking if I was an employee. I am indirectly and he pulled his mask up like a true bitchy anti-masker.

I even ask owners to wear masks, or if there's too many people I don't do the work, as a plumber.

We are doing well up here and the line ups are very long on the weekend, but it's better than nothing.

Cptn Vortex

Hey fatasses !!!

Life and Skiing ain't over !!

I did 5 days at Panorama B.C.
I had to stay by myself, and I actually skied alone for 4 days.
It was very cool.....Cathartic......mental health week forsure.
----

View attachment 30650

Just a word about 'travel between provinces' and the COVID thing :

The premier of B.C. , John Horgan, has wisely decided not to medically close the border between Alberta and B.C.
As someone who's family has paid taxes in B.C. for 40 years, I appreciate that !
It is still perfectly legal to goto B.C from Alberta, But you must still follow the health orders etc....

It's just gonna cost 3x as much to do it.

I drive west on Friday....

Into snow.

:love:
Where are you skiing out west?

Latest posts

Twitter