What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gallery Hybrid Cooled SR-2 A MUST SEEEEEE

JayDeeHobbit

Very nice!
Gotta love all the work and thought that went into it.
He actually made that Thermaltake case look good :)

ImmaPC

@Rison - I take it SR2's break often? Shame, I was saving up...

IMO build is absolutely epic. I love the whole custom cooler idea, that's awesome. A metric ton of hard work obvsly has gone into this build, and AFAIK there's more to be done (last set of pics has no GFX cards and seems half-baked).

Unfortunately, IMHO WAY TOO MUCH RED. The red and smoked plexi is alright, wouldn't mind it though if it were mostly smoked with red highlights rather than the contrary. The cables he sleeved are ALL RED. Connectors are red, barbs are red, the ridiculously big RAM heatsinks are red. The red CPU/Mobo block are pretty sweet though. I just think it'd look way better with a splash of black as well...

I know, call me an asshole for saying. I'm not criticizing the guy or saying his build sucks. It's by far one of the best/most custom builds I've seen, and I love the idea with the modded Level 10. I love how he's going for the extreme cooling. It's nice because since it's "hybrid cooled" *I THINK* he's gonna be using TEC's to cool water which is gonna be used to cool the CPU's in turn? Or maybe some other sort of coolant coupled with TEC's? Like I said, not sure and I don't take time to read things, I just get too swept away by the epic-ness. I hope that for the video cards he does something over the top and epic. Yeah, quad-SLI 580's or mebbie 590's when they come out. Of course, also hooked up to the cooling.

/rant

Behemoth-

That's a lot of time to do that. I'm impressed with the work.. however there are a lot of issues i'd have with that build.

Why would you go to such lengths for cooling, when the mobo is max 200-210 bclk, and what's he going to do when he turns it on.. and realizes he has to RMA the board? lol.
That'S what I thought.. It does not look like he tested it anyhow before building this up.

Rison

Administrator
Folding Team
@Rison - I take it SR2's break often? Shame, I was saving up...

Check out the SR-2 thread in the folding section - it's a long read, but it's good to prepare yourself for some of the typical problems the board has. Some people have had multiple RMAs (4) and i'm waiting for my second board myself.
I'm told it's well worth the wait and trouble (it's been since Dec 20th), - but after 14+ hours worth of troubleshooting and issues I'm finding it hard to believe. :blarg:

Latest posts

Twitter