What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

I am really frustrated computer crashes on boot

andynerd

Attempting to fix a minior problem that didn't even need to be fixed i broke my computer.

Here are the things I did:

Turned on the computer and forgot to plug in the cpu power cable more then once.
Turned on the computer and forgot to put the cmos jumper back on.
Started the computer and didn't put the jumper that controles if the keyboard can turn on the computer or not.
Lost two jumpers in between the perallel and serial/vga ports.

Could any of these cause the random boot crashes? Also I reseted the CMOS with no luck.

andynerd

Here is another symtom everytime I turn on the computer the crash gets closer and closer until it crashes right after i hit the button to turn it on. If I unplug it and leave it for a while then it startes crashing from the end of the boot again.

Shadowmeph

you say that you are " Attempting to fix a minor problem" what is the minor problem or what happens when you are trying to boot.
Myself I always write everything down and paper ( checklist) because I usually forget something, Murphy Loves me and thinks hes my bestest friend. :)

Edit are there any beeps if so how many

andynerd

The minor problem was the left speaker on my headphones and monitor don't put out sound because i was missing a jumper on my sound pin area thing:p (it was missing because i lost the pin for some important power jumper thing so i used this one then i lost this one because it again fell)

Shadowmeph

The minor problem was the left speaker on my headphones and monitor don't put out sound because i was missing a jumper on my sound pin area thing:p (it was missing because i lost the pin for some important power jumper thing so i used this one then i lost this one because it again fell)
hmm are you sure thats what it was or was it just a speaker or plugin, wire malfunction I always use head phones and I go through about 5 sets a year it usually starts out with one side stops working so I wiggle the speaker wire from the plugin to the head phone and 99% of the time I find a internal speaker wire problem si I cut the wiore and rewire it this usuall lasts for about a month before the plug it self fail so I end up buying new head phones lol.
I would think that if you were missing a jumper for the sound that all the sound would fail not just one side

andynerd

sound isn't the main problem here and i know the headphones work because they work on my other computer but thats not the problem, the problem is right now the computer is back to the way i got it and still it is having the same problem!

Shadowmeph

maybe try and uninstall reinstall the drivers for your soundcard or on board sound

andynerd

\people stop with the sound issue my computer crashes at boot thats the problem!!!

Twitter