What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

I am really frustrated computer crashes on boot

andynerd

It is now confirmed that it was the psu because it started sparking and burning!

andynerd

ya instread it just fissled out :p after totally taking apart and putting the thing back together it worked for a little longer but then stopped :p

DarKStar

ya instread it just fissled out :p after totally taking apart and putting the thing back together it worked for a little longer but then stopped :p
That is a lesson to be learned - don't mess around with generic PSUs - buy yourself a DECENT, known brand, PSU, it's an investment, but it's worth it - get a PSU that is a rating above what you need and you should be fine - I've been using my Antec 550W High Efficient series and I've been very happy, some people like Enermax, some Antec - I like Antec - but whatever youd o stay away from generic - and always get a PSU that has sufficient rating for your CPU and graphics card, which pull out a lot of amperage - make sure you look at the ratings and udnerstand them before buying a PSU - that will avoid future surprises like that :D

chrisk

Folding Captain
I refuse to put together any computer for someone without a high quality psu...too much trouble down the road if you dont...a bad psu can easily take your other components with em when they go (actually I would not bet the farm that andynerd is out of the woods yet, but hopefully so)

andynerd

I refuse to put together any computer for someone without a high quality psu...too much trouble down the road if you dont...a bad psu can easily take your other components with em when they go (actually I would not bet the farm that andynerd is out of the woods yet, but hopefully so)
I don't think i am either i am going to hook it up to my parents psu(yes it is only 300W) but it should be enough to show whether the other components were taken with it!

chrisk

Folding Captain
I don't think i am either i am going to hook it up to my parents psu(yes it is only 300W) but it should be enough to show whether the other components were taken with it!
What components are you planning on hooking up to your parents' 300W psu? Ie. MB, Video card, drives, fans, etc... I ask so that you don't try something that will damage your parents' machine...

andynerd

just the basics a stick of ram a cpu the mobo the hd thats it enough to know it will boot.

EDIT: i put myspecs in my siggy

andynerd

I don't even own a video card in my house! O-o I am broke! XD then again i also never had a reason to buy one before i got my newish computer

Latest posts

Twitter