What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

I got a BSOD caused by Nvlddmkm.sys

ern88

Hey,

I got a BSOD on my desktop yesterday. I started up a game. During the loading. My PC went to BSOD. It was a SERVICE_SYSTEM_EXCEPTION. Said it was caused by Nvlddmkm.sys. So what I did was reinstall the Nvidia drivers. I am wondering if there is anything I should worry about or any other trouble shooting tips. I am running Windows 10 PRO fall creator update. I think this is the first BSOD I have had since building the system. Thanks.

rjbarker

^^^ Are you OC'd on CPU or GPU?
Complete a "clean install" of latest nv driver..."only install Video Driver and Physics".
See if you get another Death Screen after your clean install..

If I had a $.25 for every BSOD or CTD I'd be a cazillionaire :)

Shadowmeph

when those types of BSOD pop up it can be allot of different things from a buggy game or program but you did the right thing by reinstalling the driver if does happen again check wha5t was running when it happened and also uninstall the Nvid driver ( I usually use ccleaner) then run the reg cleaner do the reboot reinstall the driver. I used to get those and uninstalling cleaning up the reg ( ccleaner) the installing the newest driver or in rare cases I had to try different nvid drivers.

on a side note if you don't have ccleaner installed and are going to install it I really recommending not installing the bloat wear that comes with it just take your time reading through the instructions and } not installing any crap" program is a good program but allot of people just keep clicking then complain about the boat wear instead of reading through the BS and not installing the crap

sswilson

Staff member
I'm surprised we don't see a lot more of these kinds of issues with W10 now that we're doing so many full in place upgrades over top of previous installs.