What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed I need a 2020 treat build

sswilson

Staff member
2 1/2 hours in and all system temps are sub 50C with only one peak (socket) above (51C). Delta between system mins and stable load temps is 3 - 8C (Even the socket reading was max delta of 13C). NVMe and SSD temp deltas were 4C & 3C respectively.

I'd call that a thumbs up for a small(ish) airflow case with all dust filters installed and fans running relatively low RPMs under a sustained GPU & CPU load.

Lysrin

2 1/2 hours in and all system temps are sub 50C with only one peak (socket) above (51C). Delta between system mins and stable load temps is 3 - 8C (Even the socket reading was max delta of 13C). NVMe and SSD temp deltas were 4C & 3C respectively.

I'd call that a thumbs up for a small(ish) airflow case with all dust filters installed and fans running relatively low RPMs under a sustained GPU & CPU load.
What were you running for the test? I should be able to tell from the pic perhaps but I can't.

My temps on my water cooled build under full load still don't thrill me, although it did improve with some fan flow direction changes. And it is a small build with smaller rads.

sswilson

Staff member
I used the Kombustor tests (Second drop down GPU test @ 1440p & The CPU test set to low priority so that it wasn't taking any cycles away from the GPU test). Not necessarily torture test loads that you'd use to absolutely confirm an OC, but a high enough combined load that it should serve as a decent indication of temps during any relatively heavy use scenario.

My CPU temps were around 72C during this test, but this was more about system readings to ensure that a sustained load wasn't going to build up motherboard temps over time.

sswilson

Staff member
Amazon finally restocked their SP120 RGB Pros. From a purely asthetic POV, this case really needs the 4'th one on the exhaust to balance it out.

sswilson

Staff member
Updated the 3700X to a 5900X (it was calling to me, telling me that I wanted/needed at least one current gen processor in the house... :) ) so I took a fit and grabbed the cheapest Corsair AIO I could find to cool it (Hydro H100X 240mm).

h100X.jpg

It fit.... but the forward fan had to be removed in order to access the MB fan headers, and this.......

Memory close.jpg

If I ever need a reference image for close tolerance(s) I'll just pull this pic out..... :) The fan has to be installed after the memory as only the heatsink fits (the PCB is too long to fit).

Bond007

Nice work, and lucky with that "snug" fit.

Have any 3700X vs 5900X comparisons that affect your uses, or you just wanted it?

sswilson

Staff member
You playing Pinball FX3 on that thing by any chance? Big Steam sales on lots of DLC if you are, FYI. Rig looks great bud!

Yeah, I've also got a third 32" panel now so that it's my my full gaming rig.

As far as FX3 goes.... I've already got all f the Williams/Bally DLC and I'm not overly interested in the Zen tables.

Latest posts