What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

I need a firmware for my WRT54G v1.1!!

Inik

+1 for DD-WRT.

You upgraded your Internet to the 30MB package. How often do you need that sorta speed? From my experience, 7MB is more than enough.
It's really not that I need it, I'd rather get 7mb with a 200GB cap, but iit's not an option where I live! My only option to get a decent price for the money I spent is to get the package with a 30mb speed :p

I tried the last tomato firmware, and I still have the same issue :(

sswilson

Staff member
Are you sure of the ability of your source to provide that kind of throughput? Maybe try DL'ing several instances of the latest Nvidia drivers?

edit: Sorry, disregard this. Just read the part about getting 29 when connected directly to the PC.

Sagath

Staff member
Are you sure of the ability of your source to provide that kind of throughput? Maybe try DL'ing several instances of the latest Nvidia drivers?

edit: Sorry, disregard this. Just read the part about getting 29 when connected directly to the PC.
No, actually you have a point. I know firsthand that even 'correct' wifi drivers can cripple connection speeds. I have a DLINK N adapter, and the 'official' drivers bork my speeds bigtime. I found some other drivers based upon the internal chipset, and they work 100000 better.

Inik, do us a favor: Try some different/older/3rd party Wireless drivers.

Inik

Well, I just bought an Asus RTN16 :), I like the usb aspect of it. I'll flash it when I'll get it and keep you posted. My gf will be able to use the N setting with her new laptop too hehe.

mr_plow_king

I had a WRT54GL with tomato but like you I could never download over 20 mbit/sec on my 30 mbit internet. I changed for the RT-N16, installed Tomato on it and now it's blazing fast

LarkStarr

Inik - With tomato I think you can overclock your WRT54's CPU - curiously, overclock it by like 50% and see if that helps. (assuming you no longer need the router anymore, doing this might break it :p)

Latest posts

Twitter