What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

I need a firmware for my WRT54G v1.1!!

Inik

Folding Team
Hello,

I just upgraded my internet to a 30mb package. I currently have an old tomato firmware installed on it. My speed is currently capped to 18mb when I'm using the router compared to 29mb when plugged direclty in my PC.

I would prefer to keep my current router for the time being, but can someone give me a recent tomato build that would work with it? The tomato website seems to be down!

zoob

CPU on it is probably too slow.. look into getting a new Router.
I like the Netgear WNDR3700.

LarkStarr

no, you'd need a new router.

the ports on the wrt54gl are 100 megabit. 29 mb/sec is 232.

18 is an impressive feat itself (100 megabits = 12.5 megabytes)

enaberif

The wrt54g should have no problems dealing with what he has.. he may not get full 30 but he should do better than 18.

Zero82z

Banned

He has a 30Mbit internet connection. The WRT54G is a 100Mbit router. 100Mbit is more than 30Mbit. I don't see a problem here.

LarkStarr

you can't expect a router with ports rated for 10/100 to provide 200+ all the time - the only real solution is a router that has gigabit ethernet. (and wireless N too, jeez)

oh, I assumed bytes.

maybe I dunno why?

I shoudl go back to bed (took the day off, not feeling well) - I probably also work with large networks way too much XD

okay well, try DD-WRT then maybe? see if we can eliminate a firmware problem

Inik

Folding Team
I'll try a new tomate firmware and I'll see from there. I can't load the site for now, it's down :(

I foudn the files on sourceforge but I can know the correct file for me!

geokilla

you can't expect a router with ports rated for 10/100 to provide 200+ all the time - the only real solution is a router that has gigabit ethernet. (and wireless N too, jeez)

oh, I assumed bytes.

maybe I dunno why?

I shoudl go back to bed (took the day off, not feeling well) - I probably also work with large networks way too much XD

okay well, try DD-WRT then maybe? see if we can eliminate a firmware problem
+1 for DD-WRT.

You upgraded your Internet to the 30MB package. How often do you need that sorta speed? From my experience, 7MB is more than enough.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
+1 for DD-WRT.

You upgraded your Internet to the 30MB package. How often do you need that sorta speed? From my experience, 7MB is more than enough.

I have 15 and routinely cap it out and wish for faster. It really depends on what you do, and how time-sensitive the information/data you need is.

DD-WRT should solve your problems Inik. I hear the last couple builds are very good.

I personally moved on to a D-Link DIR-655 and love it to death.

Zero82z

Banned
+1 for DD-WRT.

The point isn't whether he needs it or whether it's "enough". He's paying for 30Mbps, and he rightly wants to get the speed he is paying for.

Latest posts