What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

I need a little help and some folks thoughts on 2 x570 boards

LegendMask

After spending the past two weeks between X570 boards and generally on new build parts, I would say go for Asus specially if you are in Canada.

I went with 5700xt from GigaByte and it was too late because I left an important feature when I purchased the GPU and its warranty, I’ve heard horror stories about Gigabayte warranty since you have to ship to US and what not.

Just past week I had a couple of concerns so I had to open a ticket just to get in touch with GigaByte and it took them 4 days to get back.

Asus on the other hand I used their warranty once and it was top notch service for me, on top of great quality products from what I experienced.

JD

Staff member
Its not like the higher end boards are going to overclock better IMO. I think even the cheaper boards have strong enough VRMs to handle a 3900x w/ ease.
I guess now that we know overclocking isn't really a thing with these chips, it's not a big deal. I'd still be leaning towards 3x M.2 slots and non-Realtek NIC. I'd anticipate Ryzen 4000 being compatible, so it seems better to get a more featured board if you end up running it for a prolonged period of time.

At the sub-$300 price point though, it might make more sense to get X470 as you can get the higher end feature sets for that price.

Last edited:

MARSTG

Asus and MSI have RMA facilities in Ontario. Personally I think getting a X570 board now is not justifiable, the only feature is pcie 4.0 and only the most recent nvme ssds are able to capitalize on it. X470 boards are far more mature and stable, even B450, and with a simple bios update you have Zen 2 support. I would go Asus then Asrock.

gingerbee

all good thoughts and valid points I am leaning towards the x570 boards for vrm's the one x470 board I was looking at was from gigabyte and was pretty much the same price as the tuf.

I was following buildzoid's review on the boards I was considering hence the only reason the tuf worries me a bit is the realtech lan which I personally have never had a problem with there Lan's, was planning to order this morning and still leaning towards the x570 TUF it has everything I want.

my problem with a lot of the x470 boards is their VRM"s I mean they say I can run my 3900x on my b350 boards lol ya not even going to try this.
Most of the bios issues have been worked out the only thing I have seen is minor problems with these CPU's idling at a higher voltage than needed
thing I like about the tuf is has all the features I want 2xM.2 good sound chip and debug led's and good VRM's only? I have is about the DR.Mos

So I am down I think to these 2 choices the x570 TUF or this x470 board

only thing I am wondering is if i can go from the first bios right to the one I need for this cpu to work

Just want to thank everyone for all the help

gingerbee

forgot to mention I have no plans to overclock I am going from an r7 1700 this should be a great upgrade for my 4k encoding and gaming

Mr. Friendly

Asus and MSI have RMA facilities in Ontario. Personally I think getting a X570 board now is not justifiable, the only feature is pcie 4.0 and only the most recent nvme ssds are able to capitalize on it. X470 boards are far more mature and stable, even B450, and with a simple bios update you have Zen 2 support. I would go Asus then Asrock.
that's not quite true, AMD's RX 5700 series are PCIe 4.0 compliant. granted, they don't perform any better than being on PCIe 3.0...LoL!

gingerbee

So I have decided I will be going with the TUF if I decide I don't like it the board was only 300$ bucks not the end of the world thanks again to all for the insight if anyone needs a 3900x there in stock in Barrie Ontario cause there out of stock again on amazon

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter