What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

I need a little help and some folks thoughts on 2 x570 boards

gingerbee

So after its all said and done I got the ram back to its 3000mhz which is it's XMP profile I just can't use the profile. The timings, it seems don't like my IMC why who knows. I got it all working with the ryzen dram calculator go figure with faster timings lol.
But it's working and I was able to lower my SOC voltage from the stock setting which was pretty high @1.08 it's now down to 1.025
So that all good

? for lowfat did you notice that RM was using up 100% of an SMT thread normally the last thread in task manager. I noticed it happening to me and keeping my temps higher by almost 10c so I don't use it anymore

gingerbee

Well I spoke to soon it all worked fine all day did windows update and bang ram, not detected so I give up I am running it at 2800mhz/M/t's it runs fine at this speed all the time and tighten up the timing and be down I just want a stable system

lowfat

Staff member
Well I spoke to soon it all worked fine all day did windows update and bang ram, not detected so I give up I am running it at 2800mhz/M/t's it runs fine at this speed all the time and tighten up the timing and be down I just want a stable system
What ram you using? I just ordered some Samsung b-die based stuff to replace my crappy current memory.

As for RM, I only use it to launch my overclock at boot. I don't monitor temps or anything.

gingerbee

It has given me nothing but problems on my x570/3900x system ran fine on my old r7 1700/b350. I havent had good luck with ram in the last few years getting bad sticks of ram or just not wanting to run at XMP/DOCP profiles. could you post the link to the ram your getting?

I am running 32gb but thinking about going back to 16gb and grabbing some 3600mhz/Mt's just to keep my cost down, but I am asking myself is the little performance really worth it. ( cinebench score dont change at all between 2800/3000 at the same timings)

So after you launch RM you don't have to keep it running to keep your OC or you just minimize to tray and don't notice any CPU usage?
For me, it uses up a single thread on all the ryzen system in the house/4

thanks for all the help/info

gingerbee

Ok, So I decided to put my CPU and everything back to auto/normal and the funny thing is it's running at a higher GHz then it was and its cinebench 20 score is the second-highest I have ever had and this with my ram at 2133.

So I am thinking I should just trust AMD and let it run cause right now on single-core stuff I am seeing 1.49vcore with up to 4.6 which is what it should be doing. I'm guessing everyone talking about higher vcore with low current and when current is high vcore is low is right I wouldnt know I am not an electrical engineer. alone time will tell keeping my fingers crossed

bassnut

Every system is different but for ram I picked up a set of these for the price , yes the are Samsung they are pretty good. Also pay no attention to the CL17 in the Amazon add they are CL19 .

They worked great currently running 3600 C14 14 14 28. I have not tried to push farther as I don't have a current need and I just don't want more complications in my OC with the ram and Infinity fabric decoupling. If it rains tomorrow and I have time I may try stretching my OC and ram out higher for a little fun competition we have on OCF.

gingerbee

Thanks, I found 32gb for just a little bit more than that there only c14 3000 but I am not needing super fast just b-die since my ram is giving me suck problems and if I want to go 3600mhz most say they will run at those speeds with c16 timings but thanks very much for the link.
It's crazy the price difference that b-dies get eh

bassnut

Yes the pricing for B Die's is at a premium and considering Samsung has decided to stop producing them the price will be going up. That's why I bought those sticks I linked when I did as everywhere I seen them they are listed at $400+ Newegg has them listed at $452 for example. Here's a review for a 16GB set of your ram ….

gingerbee

Thanks, Bassnut I think they're the same the review is for the 16gb GTZ and I think the only difference with the GTZR is the 32gb kit I linked is the 16gb modules instead of 8gb. The kit I linked is such a good price comparing everything else I have seen.

thanks again

gingerbee

So after reading this I don't think I am going to replace my ram it seems the performance loss is really not much at all what do you'll think