What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

I need a little help and some folks thoughts on 2 x570 boards

gingerbee

well, it's up and running and wow I was not ready for the heat the 3900x puts out these CPU's run so different than any CPU I have used before.

It's on a noctua D-15 idle is 35 to 45 and never goes over 78c which is the peak I have seen. at first, it was sitting @1.46 vcore and would not drop was a little scary but with bios and chipset update all is good. running single-core Cinebench 20 she hits 4.4-4.5 at 1.43 vcore and all core 3.9-4.0 at 1.25. I think vcore will get better once bios get better but AMD has said in Reddit post that 1.0 - 1.5 is normal

still wondering about going ASUS their bios is confusing to me it's been a long time. for some reason, my corsair 32gb ram kit won't run at its 3000mhz xpm/docp speed ( it's on the QVL ) on this board ( it just sticks on ram led when trying to boot up ) no biggie I am at 2933 but my timing suck right now. I am not a memory guy I know very little about timings and such so I am at 20/20/20-49 which blows but it's not slowing me down much at all. Still got just under 7000 on Cinebench 20

All are with PBO2 off just XFR with fabric clock at 1467mhz

gingerbee

ya I know but it's only 4 more then I had and its a lot of more heat that's why I was shocked a little but it was the voltage they had me more worried but after some digging it seems its all running fine

bassnut

It isn't so much the heat they generate, it is how the heat is so concentrated in one area and off center (Chiplets) compared to the traditional CPU Layout where it is all in the center.. Some coolers are having a harder time getting rid of the heat. Over on Overclockers a couple guys have tried using Graphite heat spreaders with mixed results. It didn't help me, 3 to 4*C higher temp but has helped one user and the jury is still out.

lowfat

Staff member
If you have time you could try using Ryzen Master and do per CCX overclocking. With a NH-D14 I have my 3900x @ an average clock of 4.33 GHz w/ 1.306V. Temps while rendering reach about 80C.

Stock I couldn't get more than 4.1GHz all-core, even after dropping the Vcore a lot.

DfVbGKt.png

bassnut

Currently I am running 4.3GHZ, I haven't tried pushing for more in a while prime will crash at about 20 min I think due to AVX load in new prime. Now at 4.3GHZ all core with 1.35v hitting 74*C peak and 67*C average under heavy load (X264 3 hrs encoding) but am always looking for a way to cut down temps. I've gone as far as I can with my loop.

Latest posts