What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

I want a tablet

JD

Staff member
If you don't mind ordering from China, there's decent Xiaomi, Huawei and Lenovo options over there. There's just really no tablet market in North America beyond iPads.

I have a Lenovo P8 that stays in the living room, Snapdragon 625, Android 6.0 (relatively stock), 8" 1080p and 3GB RAM. Runs everything smoothly, though 6.0 is getting a bit dated now.

The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 came out last summer and runs Android 8.1, Snapdragon 660 and 4GB RAM, 64GB storage. Sounds like it would fit your usage. The Huawei Honor 5 just came out in March which is pretty similar spec-wise, just Huawei's Kirin CPU instead and running on Android 9.0.

All of these are under $250 USD, depending what marketplace you look at.

Wonton678

I have my apple Ipad that I don't really use it anymore because its screen suddenly got destroyed like everything is light when I was filming a lady in the sea with the sun shining in my camera...

MARSTG

any words of caution or advice for the used iPad market in my budget?
The Honor 5 is too fresh to have made it in stores, looks like it will be a choice between Lenovo and Xiaomi.

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
You can get a brand new 32GB iPad for $429, though it's only the A10 CPU, but still should be fine. It's 9.7" though which might be a bit too large?

iPad Mini was refreshed recently so it's got the current A12 CPU and 64GB for $529.

Latest posts

Twitter