What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

I want to dump Bell as my ISP

yamawho

I've been with them over 5 years and I want a change.

My kids are chewing up bandwidth like crazy lately and I need to find a cheaper solution.
My already paying 10$ extra per month for 60GB but I seem to need more.

Videotron seems pricy.

I have heard of Acanac, B2b2c ...

JD

Staff member
Teksavvy? That's who I'm moving to. 5Mbps with 200GB bandwidth for $29.95/month in Ontario at least.

Nodscene

I have Teksavvy and I'm very happy with them. For an extra $10 a month you can get the unlimited bandwidth which is great. I've never had to wait in line on the phone and it's always answered by a human, plus they know what they are talking about which is a big bonus. I'd seriously consider them. If you look at DSL Reports they have a tremendous rating there.

ebdoradz

does that Teksavvy is alvailable everywhere???

i mean, im in north quebec, at 1 and half hour of road from north bay .. can i have that service in town???

Pike

Question? Teksavvy High-Speed is DSL...those who have it..can you post what service you have (DSL High-Speed or DSL basic) and your download and upload speeds? If you've already done so in another post, please post link to that post

And btw, sorry for butting in but I'm looking to maybe make a change soon.

JD

Staff member
does that Teksavvy is alvailable everywhere???

i mean, im in north quebec, at 1 and half hour of road from north bay .. can i have that service in town???
You can enter your phone number on Teksavvy's site to see if you can get service.

Question? Teksavvy High-Speed is DSL...those who have it..can you post what service you have (DSL High-Speed or DSL basic) and your download and upload speeds? If you've already done so in another post, please post link to that post

Well I'm not officially on TekSavvy yet, but I'm using my TSI login though it's still technically Bell's service. If that makes any sense to you...

Jon_di2

I had Techsavvy for a year when I lived in Ottawa, when I signed up for it it was 29.95 for both premium and unlimited, however unlimited could have a slow down every now and then (never happened to me though). Halfway through my contract they moved unlimited up to 39.95/month, so if you dont use over 200GB/month go with that.

Techsavvy was really good in Ottawa, I had higher then posted speeds, dont remember exactly by how much though. Also it does matter on where you live, and if your using peer-to-peer file sharing it is throttled during peak hours just like every other service using bell lines.

Also DSL Basic is not high speed... well it is, but it isn't fast (faster then dial up), the only reason people use dsl basic is to be able to have similar service to dial-up but be able to use their phone line at the same time.

NyteOwl

I thought Bell's 60 GB was the basic cap and you paid for more above that? 200GB is a LOT of traffic to chew through. I think a residential user would be pretty hard pressed to eat through that much in a month. Unfortuantely no Techsavvy in NS.

Twitter