What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

i5 2500k vs i7 2600k

JD

Staff member
wouldn't a GTX 560 be slower then a 5970 ? the 5970 is a Dual GPU card with 2GB compared to 1 GTX 560 with 1GB
I would say the GTX560 outperforms the HD5970 in 3DMark at the very least.

Compare only the CPU scores, not the overall score, then you'll have a slightly more accurate picture.

wlm1210

i will go 2500K for sure. you don't really need extra thread for daily use.

bissa

really depends on your acceptable budget. if you are willing to spend some more for fractionally better performance once in a while, then go for it. it will last a little longer for when more things start supporting 8 cores.
I would say go with what was said earlier, save and get an LGA2011 CPU such as the 3930 or 3950 (if that's out). as that would be an actual upgrade and would be significant upgrade at that because of the extra 2 cores and extra 4 total threads.

enaberif

really depends on your acceptable budget. if you are willing to spend some more for fractionally better performance once in a while, then go for it. it will last a little longer for when more things start supporting 8 cores.
I would say go with what was said earlier, save and get an LGA2011 CPU such as the 3930 or 3950 (if that's out). as that would be an actual upgrade and would be significant upgrade at that because of the extra 2 cores and extra 4 total threads.
How long have we been saying "when things start using more cores"? . Fact is 2500k does everything most people need for quite a bit less

bissa

How long have we been saying "when things start using more cores"? . Fact is 2500k does everything most people need for quite a bit less
good point. I guess I'm also looking at it from a folding point of view.

Latest posts

Twitter