What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

I5 3570K Multiplier\turbomode issues

Aerlas

Hi Everyone.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a Asus p8z77-v Deluxe motherboard with a 3570k cpu? The mobo boots fine into windows, I've played bf3, crysis 2 and League of legends on is and it seems stable.

The problem im experiencing is any adjustments i make on the CPU does not take effect.
When i try to run either Prime95 or Intel Burn-test the Turbo-mode does not kick in, the cpu stays at 3.413Ghz.

Lastly any adjustment i make on the CPU multiplier in the UEFI bios or in the ASUS AI Suite does not work either. when i boot up in windows and run the tests mentioned above the cpu stays at its weird clock speed, 3.413ghz..

I've been in contact the Intel, and asked if i could run a Intel CPU test. That test failed and they asked me to return the CPU to the retailer.
Before i do this, is there anyone who might know something im doing wrong here? Is there a setting like "unlock CPU multiplier" or something? Because as it stands now the CPU seems to not work as it is supposed to do..

Any help or tips would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Kind regards

Glenn

Rasparthe

Yep, return it. There is a locked version of the 3570 but it hasn't even been released yet, so it not likely a mixed up part. Exchange it for a new one.

Aerlas

I had not thought that it may be a locked version of the CPU i recieved.. Maybe thats the case! Lets hope so :) Thanks for replies guys!
I doubt that its a mixed up part since CPU-Z sees it as a K series Cpu but maybe it got mixed up in the creation process :p

Glenn

Rasparthe

If it says 3570K on CPUz then it likely is unlocked and some sort of other problem. RMA it, Intel is pretty good with their warranty stuff.

Latest posts