What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

i7-10710U tested

Bond007

This new CPU seems amazing on paper, but isn't as amazing as it initially appears. That said, it is still an improvement. This is pre-production though, so some improvements may come.

Performance — Little gains over Whiskey Lake
Intel claims about a 16% overall performance increase and about 41% productivity increase over Whiskey Lake. Of course, those numbers are from Intel's tests wherein the 6C/12T Core i7-10710U running at a PL1 of 25W was pitted against the 4C/8T Core i7-8565U running at a a PL1 of 15W. However, we found the results to be more of a 5% gain over the Core i7-8565U in preliminary benchmarks done on an early Schenker sample powered by the new Core i7-10510U at stock voltages. Even constraining the TDP of both the chips to 17W yielded similar results

"The power consumption is definitely in the range of regular 45W CPUs, which is just too demanding for the majority of compact laptops."

"According to Intel, however, the Core i7-10710U requires up to 90W in Performance mode, which would require additional voltage regulator phases and therefore new mainboards. "

Entz

About as expected. They should of at least put the new graphics engine in to make it worthwhile :(

Vittra

G7 Iris is all Ice Lake really has going for it, and it's memory controller is designed for LPDDR4x (3733mhz) rather than Comet Lake-U's compatibility (2933).

Latest posts

Twitter