What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

i7 8700K / 1070 ti bundle

sswilson

Staff member
Planning on selling this locally but want to do a quick price gut check to see if I'm in the ballpark.....

- i7 8700K
- ASUS ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wifi AC)
- 16GB XPG DDR4 3000 (b-die, does 3200 without breaking a sweat)
- Intel 760p 512GB NVMe
- ROG Strix 1070 ti

I'm thinking $750. Is that crazy (either high or low)?

Lysrin

I think you might be able to do better than that too. $750 may get you a quick sale though. Maybe start at $850-$900? It's a good CPU and still a nice GPU for a lot of users.

sswilson

Staff member
For reference sake, I put it up on Kijiji @ $850 and sold it @ $800 in less than an hour to somebody willing to come over "not now, right now" and hand me money before I started tearing down my PC.

Based on how fast it sold I suspect I could have gotten a bit more, but I'm happy enough with what I got (I figure $400 / $400 split between the GPU and motherboard bundle).

Hope he gets some good use out of it.

Lysrin

Good sale! And nice to know @Bond007 and I weren't out-to-lunch. I was going to suggest a more decisive start at $900 but then I second guessed myself and waffled $50! lol

sswilson

Staff member
On a positive note.... the ad was up for 3 hours and the buyer was the only person who messaged me, so it's not like the price was so low that everybody and their dog was trying to snag it before anybody else could. :)

That to me, suggests that the pricing was decent, but that I got lucky and connected with a buyer who just happened to be looking for what I had to offer.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Sometimes you get really lucky and just the right person happens to be looking when you post.
Had you have received like 20 msg's about it in an hour, then yeah, you could have squeeked a bit more out of it.

Good pricing though,

-ST

TheDude

On a positive note.... the ad was up for 3 hours and the buyer was the only person who messaged me, so it's not like the price was so low that everybody and their dog was trying to snag it before anybody else could. :)

That to me, suggests that the pricing was decent, but that I got lucky and connected with a buyer who just happened to be looking for what I had to offer.
I saw that post as well.. If you were not 150 KMS away I would have taken that :)

sswilson

Staff member
I saw that post as well.. If you were not 150 KMS away I would have taken that :)
You saw the kijiji ad? Did you like my prose? :)

edit: If you'd already seen this price check and knew it was me, you could have PM'd me here and asked if I'd ship.... :)

TheDude

You saw the kijiji ad? Did you like my prose? :)

edit: If you'd already seen this price check and knew it was me, you could have PM'd me here and asked if I'd ship.... :)
I had no idea. Didn't check this one as well. Have been searching like crazy for RTX 3080 😒😟
HELP!!!! HW Community!