What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

i7 970, Gigabyte X58-UD5, 12GB Corsair DDR3

tehpr0fess0r

Price check for my hexa-core setup. I'm a sucker for the latest stuff, so I will be going X79 shortly.

That said, theres still a lot of life left in these parts, as they still compete with the latest stuff.

i7 970
Has been watercooled since day 1. Never over-volted, and I ran it mostly at 4.0 GHz. Never tried for a max OC as I only used it for gaming and there was plenty of speed even at stock settings. Only seen a little usage, as it was in my gaming system and was not used for basically anything else. Its never seen over 60º.

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
Originally purchased with my i7-920 back in the day. Board has been basically flawless for me. Purchased at MemoryExpress with their IPR warranty, so its still covered by that too.

12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9... 9-9-9-24 at 1.5V

Looking for prices individually and as a package.

keto

Just sold the same package except 920, 6GB RAM, and included the True Black Edition cooler, got $350 shipped. So, you'd be in the same ballpark, with no aftermarket cooler but a bit more RAM and a slight upgrade cpu.

tehpr0fess0r

RE chip.

Anyone mind telling me what difference that makes? RE chips are a retail package, and theres no difference i'm aware of.

zsamz_

RE chip.

Anyone mind telling me what difference that makes? RE chips are a retail package, and theres no difference i'm aware of.
retail edge chip can only be rmaed by original owner
retail can be rmaed by buyer

retail edge chips are not worth as much:whistle:

tehpr0fess0r

Just sold the same package except 920, 6GB RAM, and included the True Black Edition cooler, got $350 shipped. So, you'd be in the same ballpark, with no aftermarket cooler but a bit more RAM and a slight upgrade cpu.
I dont mean to be rude... but I think you meant to say not at all the same package...

Not really even close to the same CPU, half the ram and marginally better cooler than the stock cooler that comes with a 970 doesnt really sound like the same ballpark to me.

Sagath

Staff member
RE chips are also not supposed to be resold... You won't be allowed to post them here or on RFD IIRC.
Unless things have changed and I missed it, you're allowed to sell them on both forums as long as you identify that it is a RE chip with said warranty stipulations attached.

970's are fetching about <=$300. There is a plethora out there due to two Retail Edge sales selling them for the ~150 range.

Latest posts

Twitter