What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

i9-10850k (10900k) temps

Chalaska

Just looking to compare temperatures for coolers. Currently using an AIO dual rad (2x120mm) with LM applied. Completely stock and maxing out around 90 C. Think I'm gonna need to upgrade my cooler but just wanted to ask around what others are seeing for their temps.

Thanks!

rjbarker

If your running Benchmark fully loading all Cores w AVX Instructions thats pretty much normal.....find a benchmark with no AVX Instructions and you'll see temps lower significantly......
or if your OC'ing find a setting in your BIOS that will allow you to lower clock speeds when processing AVX instructions (as in a negative off set).

Even my 9900K with all 8c/16t OC'd to 5.1 Ghz running a new version of P95 Stability Test w AVX instructions I will see some cores reach 86c - 89c with a pretty large Custom Loop.....no AVX maybe 70c - 72c or so Max....

Lysrin

I'd agree with rj. If you are seeing consistent 90 C when gaming, that could be a cooling issue. I have some games push my CPU into the mid 80s but only as momentary spikes in temp, less than five seconds normally. Gaming loads in my system are usually 60-80 C, and stress testing has me anywhere from 75-85 C after about 10 min.

That is just on an 8700K though.

Chalaska

Thanks guys.

I haven't OC'd yet as I don't think there's enough headroom yet based on these results. Probably going to have to look into a triple rad or custom loop at this point.

rjbarker

^^^^ Yes a 240mm AIO for that CPU isnt adequate imho.... *360 for sure...when you say "Completely stock and maxing out around 90 C."......is that just gaming or running CPU Benchmarks / Stability Tests ?
If just gaming...YES...thats not good and you need to explore other Coolers....for example a 9900K with a 5.1 Ghz OC all cores "just gaming" wil max out at around 60c (for very short spikes, but mostly sit in the low 50's after long gaming sessions)....w a Custom Loop.

Chalaska

^^^^ Yes a 240mm AIO for that CPU isnt adequate imho.... *360 for sure...when you say "Completely stock and maxing out around 90 C."......is that just gaming or running CPU Benchmarks / Stability Tests ?
If just gaming...YES...thats not good and you need to explore other Coolers....for example a 9900K with a 5.1 Ghz OC all cores "just gaming" wil max out at around 60c (for very short spikes, but mostly sit in the low 50's after long gaming sessions)....w a Custom Loop.

That's with Prime95, no overclock, running on 7 (with HT enabled) out of 10 cores. 3 of the cores are being utilized by unraid (aka the Windows machine is virtualized in Unraid). I am planning to upgrade to a 360mm rad tonight and run baremetal windows for testing.

Thank you!

Chalaska

Upgraded last night to an arctic cooler liquid freezer ii 360mm. Ambient temps look to be about 8-10 degrees cooler. Load temps still mid 80's under prime95. Going to do some more testing this weekend.

Thanks all

rjbarker

Upgraded last night to an arctic cooler liquid freezer ii 360mm. Ambient temps look to be about 8-10 degrees cooler. Load temps still mid 80's under prime95. Going to do some more testing this weekend.

Thanks all

P95 with or without AVX Instructions ? Makes a huge difference!!!