What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

i9-10900K could be sucking over 300 watts - probable reason for its delay - motherboards pulled from display at CES

Bond007

Per the title. Supposedly motherboard makers were told to pull the boards from display at CES. Apparently Intel may have hit the wall for 14++++++++++++nm. The FX 9590 variant from team blue?

Entz

I wonder if Intel will start bundling water coolers in the box like AMD (optionally) did with the 9590

freeagent

First gen 6 cores were able to pull that kind of power and more. But 300w at stock clocks lol wow. Good bye overclocking. We loved you.

JD

Staff member
I mean... it's this a replay of Athlon 64 vs Pentium 4? And I suppose Athlon 64 X2 vs Pentium D?

AMD launches new product with more cores, less power. Intel has no idea how to compete, cranks up cores and power to the max to hold on?

All I hope is that AMD can keep it's pace now.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
I mean... it's this a replay of Athlon 64 vs Pentium 4? And I suppose Athlon 64 X2 vs Pentium D?

AMD launches new product with more cores, less power. Intel has no idea how to compete, cranks up cores and power to the max to hold on?

All I hope is that AMD can keep it's pace now.

The difference being AMD didn't do illegal immoral garbage to get an advantage.

Latest posts