What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Icons on Desktop are not showing

TRYER

I just replaced my GPU and with the computer switching resolution, the icons on the bottom and the right side are not viewable on the desktop, but are somewhere on there. If that makes sense.

Also if I click the pointer on the left or right of the screen and slide, my screen can move left or right.

Can anyone give me some guidance?

sswilson

Staff member
What kind of GPU are you currently running? Sounds like you've got some kind of virtual desktop going on and the type of vid card will determine where that setting is.

Shadowmeph

check your settings especially if you are using more then one monitor because I use my latop for watching vids on my TV and on my TV I have know desktop icons because it is shown as desktop2right click desktop click on screen resolution and see which it shows for default desktop

TRYER

check your settings especially if you are using more then one monitor because I use my latop for watching vids on my TV and on my TV I have know desktop icons because it is shown as desktop2right click desktop click on screen resolution and see which it shows for default desktop
I though that was the case too. but my TV hdmi cable was not attached. So the only solution that I can think of fixing the problem, was doing System Restore.

That worked. Got all my icons that were missing back, but can still slide the whole screen left or right. Just glad that is fixed for now and will try to update the GPU software again.

thanks for the help:canadianwave:

JD

Staff member
If you right click a blank spot on your desktop and go to "Sort by" and then Name, it should fix it all up.

Sounds like your resolution changed but your icons are mis-placed. Once they're reset, you can move them around as you see fit.

Latest posts

Twitter