What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Ideas for New Format for the CC!

Adak

Greetings, Hardware Canucks!
thumb.gif

I'm with Overclockers.com, but I wanted to start this, and then ask your Captain to bring the best one's, over to the Captains Forum, for further discussion and consideration.

I'm looking for ideas to change the Chimp Challenge, into a cooperative teams race or effort, of some kind, instead of a team vs. team format. The main reason is that I see no way to make the race "fair", or even close to it, when we have teams whose folders are earning millions of points per day.

We did not have time to make all the changes needed before the last CC, but we do have time now, if we get working on it.

I'd like to do some brainstorming with you clever Beavers (and other teams as well) for ideas, and see which of them have a good vibe to them. No idea is a bad one! The more we have to consider, the more likely we can find a good idea for the next race.

Any idea's? What would you like to see in a cooperative multi-team effort?

:thumb:

great_big_abyss

Where is the 'competition' and the 'fun' if it's a cooperative? How do you decide who gets the coveted Jade Monkey?

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
My Opinion? Okay.
It's all good. Just keep trying different things every year. Don't find a formula and stick too it. The way I see it, you've juggled the competition rules and just about every team has won the Monkey one year or another. This gets more people folding.

Adak

Thanks for your reply. I hadn't considered that previously.

pcmaster00

Greetings HWC team from your friends over at Folding@EVGA. I am here to extend an additional hand of friendship from our team to yours.

Team EVGA is hoping to come out with a format for this year's CC that doesn't pre-determine a winner and keeps the race fun and fair. EVGA's captain, Xavier Zepherious, is more than willing to negotiate a platform for CC. I will be assisting him as his co-captain, but the reigns are his.

I would like to make it clear, Team EVGA is opposed to private team captain negotiations, but we are not going to make them being public a precondition of participation. Our main goal is to see a good, fair and fun CC and to see F@H grow.

I invite you all to read through the discussions on the EVGA forums, the MPC forums and TRP forums.

I will be continuing outreach to other teams and will be available for further comment here and discussions any way that they can be done

BrainEater

I'd have to agree with that totally .Really well said.

Any excuse at all to get new folders is a good one , maybe changing the rules all the time is a good thing . Give any team a chance for some recognition.

Good food for thought !

:thumb:

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Adak,

Interesting since you actually included [H] in your meta-team proposal. Knowing the history between [H] and the CC... if you - we Folders - manage to get them back into the Fold...

Very interesting. Might even get me back into folding, actually. :ph34r:

Latest posts