What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Ideas on mounting 55in TV in corner of room

chrisk

Folding Captain
Hey everyone;
Moving to a new place in a week and a half, and the living room does not have many options for mounting or even watching a TV.

I'm looking for thoughts on the best way to get a TV in the living room, I'm thinking its going to have to be just above the fireplace in the pics below, but I'm open to suggestions.

If this is the best place, what type of mount should I use?

I'm looking to mount/place a 55in LG LED TV, and it can be just to the left of the fireplace or centred above it...the couch will have to be to the right of the fireplace as that's the only place we can put it without blocking an entranceway (pics below are of the folks currently living there):

1615165218935.png

1615165262506.png

1615165306425.png

Here is a closeup of the area above the fireplace that I have circled:

1615165446264.png

Thanks for any suggestions.

gingerbee

clshades

Gotta be careful mounting over a fireplace. The TV can get damaged from the heat. Seen this before at Big White. It's such a weird place to hang a TV. Always end up being too high.

I use the articulating arm from Prime Cables. Best prices, fastest delivery.

Edit: that knock out above the fireplace is weird. Is that gas fireplace? Is the vent in there?

chrisk

Folding Captain
Gotta be careful mounting over a fireplace. The TV can get damaged from the heat. Seen this before at Big White. It's such a weird place to hang a TV. Always end up being too high.

I use the articulating arm from Prime Cables. Best prices, fastest delivery.

Edit: that knock out above the fireplace is weird. Is that gas fireplace? Is the vent in there?
It is a gas fireplace. Not sure where the vent is located.

Yeah I would prefer not to put the TV there, but I don't have many options. The wall opposite the couch has a staircase, door to the kitchen, and the breakfast area.

There is one space I'm thinking on the wall opposite the window (not shown in the pictures here).

JD

Staff member
There is one space I'm thinking on the wall opposite the window (not shown in the pictures here).
Was going to suggest the same, where the 3rd picture was taken from to the right? Not great having the sun reflecting in the TV either, but I think you'd end up with a more comfortable height. It's just going to be weird in that corner way high up, not sure how you'd even orient furniture to watch it either.

No other room to designate as the living room though? This kind of feels more like a dining room?

chrisk

Folding Captain
Was going to suggest the same, where the 3rd picture was taken from to the right? Not great having the sun reflecting in the TV either, but I think you'd end up with a more comfortable height. It's just going to be weird in that corner way high up, not sure how you'd even orient furniture to watch it either.

No other room to designate as the living room though? This kind of feels more like a dining room?

This is the living and dining area combined. But the window will def reflect into the TV. But might have to look to the wall opposite the window.

why not in front of the window?

Want to keep it high enough to keep the toddler away, so we won't want to have the TV right up in the middle of the window.

Latest posts

Twitter